Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
weekender

Clamping Racks Release Button hard to push?

weekender

Anyone else's Clamping Racks Release Button hard to push most times?

Usually have to shake the rack/clamp to allow the release button to activate.

In Reference to a '19 23lsv

Looks much easier when they demonstrate using them in videos.

MFknK

Mine are if someone clamps really tight. But otherwise they are pretty easy.

Sparky450

I have one release that is tight like that. I have found on the new Malibu clamps to

1.Pull on the lever,

2.Press the button,

3. release the lever while holding the button.

It really isn't a big deal, so I am hoping it will loosen up, so I have not contacted the dealer.

COOP

We had one here that was really bad. When we took the back off we found a mud dauber nest clogging everything up.

Ronnie
12 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

I have one release that is tight like that. I have found on the new Malibu clamps to

1.Pull on the lever,

2.Press the button,

3. release the lever while holding the button.

It really isn't a big deal, so I am hoping it will loosen up, so I have not contacted the dealer.

This is the way we do it as well. The previous racks before '19 weren't this way. Once you get in the habit of the new way, it's not a big deal.

Sparky450
2 minutes ago, COOP said:

We had one here that was really bad. When we took the back off we found a mud dauber nest clogging everything up.

I actually don't really like hitting the button and having it bang open. And it is only one of my buttons, not racks. And I thought about taking it apart and looking, but have been to busy enjoying the boat to worry about it. :biggrin:

weekender
15 hours ago, Ronnie said:

This is the way we do it as well. The previous racks before '19 weren't this way. Once you get in the habit of the new way, it's not a big deal.

Same here, prefer this instead of banging open actually, just was seeing if it was common.

thanks!

weekender
15 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

I actually don't really like hitting the button and having it bang open. And it is only one of my buttons, not racks. And I thought about taking it apart and looking, but have been to busy enjoying the boat to worry about it. :biggrin:

mud dauber?

SpaceSurfer

My release is ok but pulling up the knob for the swivel is extremely difficult and I can't figure out how to lube it

carguy79ta

I have prolly the same clamps on my boat. Put a little wd40 on it, done. Works great. Will prolly not have to do it this year.

Peebalz

Mine were really sticky when i first got it.  I actually took a video and sent to my dealer, because i couldn't get it to pop without pulling boards out.

I took all the boards out and clamped and popped them about 5 times each empty.  They have worked great after that.