Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Front ballast tank drain on an 06 247

06 VLX 247

Could someone please help me find the location of the front tank ballast drain pump? What panel do I have to remove to get at it? I have looked everywhere so do I have to peel some carpet back in the front tank location? I'm baffled 

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is old and perhaps you've found it. I'm PRETTY sure it would be the same as my boat, 2010 LSV as they are the same vintage. 
You have to pull up all the front seat cushions then there is an access hatch that just lifts up right by your toes if you're standing in the walkway to the bow.

Page 2, check those two photos. 

Edited by Ryan1776

On my 07, you remove all the front bottom cushions.  Then there is a large triangle carpeted plastic piece that you remove from the boat.  Once you do that...look at the carpeted piece that is at the base of the tank...this is really in the walkway between the windshield.  There should be two screws exposed.  Remove them and that base should come up.  The pump is behind that base.  Does that make sense?

mac

I know on my 04 LSV and on 05's for sure, you access it under the helm.  My sub is down by the drivers feet and it has to be moved, then there is a small tunnel on the left to pass wires from the front of the observers compartment to the front of the helm area.  It's in that small tunnel area.   

3 hours ago, blk93jeepzj said:

you access it under the helm.  My sub is down by the drivers feet and it has to be moved,

DANG. 

31 minutes ago, Ryan1776 said:

DANG. 

I know, tight to get in there and service it.  There is no removable panel in the walkway on 04-05 LSVs.