Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M5 trouble and resolution

As most have probably already read, I have been experiencing a little trouble šŸ˜— with my new M5. Initially it seemed responsive, butĀ not what I would call impressive in comparison to my old 350. Last weekend at 16.7 hrs it was blowing what appeared to be unburnt gas and was progressively getting worse. Took it the dealer they cleared theĀ ā€œAdaptive Low bank 2 and the then a low bank 1 code. They revā€™dĀ it up to clear theĀ unburnt fuel and it ran fine on the fake a lake. Took it to the local lakeĀ and then it would repeat the issue and was loosing power, a lot of power. They couldnā€™t figure it out and consulted Malibu.Ā Checked compression it was good at 230 psi per cylinder andĀ they discounted internal issues. Final score was 2 bad plug wires. They swapped those out and it isĀ running like a champ after tests on 2 consecutive days by the dealer. Hope this may help someone else with the same issues. Mine was a February build in case any M5 owners want to know if they are close to my engine date.Ā 

Edited by wdr
Sp
  • Like 2
41 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Plug wires and connections would have been the 1st thing I checked.

My first thought was bad gas. I had just had the first service done, brought it home and put in gasĀ on the way home. Took her out the next day and BAM.Ā Even though the dealer is only an hour away, I really didn't want to run the gauntlet again if I could fix it my self. I drained the gas, put in new 93 and still had the issue. It is really easy to drain the gas on these new 67 gal tanks by the way. The service dept manager kind of flinched when I told him that, but I wasn't about to go boat less this weekend if I could avoid it.