Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Keyless Ignition

Rellerhorst

I’m locked out of my 23LSV. I changed the code on my keyless ignition system and it worked once and now it flashes that it is the wrong code. Help!

What year?  Do you have at least the key for backup so you can move boat if needed?   Maybe call your dealer and see if they can walk you through a reset.  

You can also go into settings and on the 7in screen assuming your boat is a 2015 or newer and reset to factory presets. This will return the code to the factory setting. The spare key will also bypass the code as others have suggested. 

It is a 2010 lsv. No key ignition only the touchpad. Can’t get to screen to reset because I can’t power on the boat. The manual says there is a dealer code but Malibu says there is no such thing! It’s their manual!!

I have a 13 TXi. All good so far although I have an issue with a dead spot on the screen around my heater.

so it’s not infallible. That’s why they have the backup keys.

also, the way the codes work ... in theory if you disconnect ground it goes back to factory reset ...1-2-3-4.

i know. Super secure for would be thrived because they would never be able to figure out ur code ... this makes it so anyone can “lift” the boat.

i complained to Malibu when I figured this out in 13.

they should have made it that the key in (run) is mandatory and the keyless is for quick access.

but to reset the code on no-power is careless.

Edited by holden

I did not reset code with no power. I had power, this boat only has a touch pad no keyed ignition. They don’t make them like this anymore.

ahopkins22LSV
11 hours ago, Rellerhorst said:

It is a 2010 lsv. No key ignition only the touchpad. Can’t get to screen to reset because I can’t power on the boat. The manual says there is a dealer code but Malibu says there is no such thing! It’s their manual!!

Isn’t there a main power button on the dash? The screen should power on with that, not the code. 

Maybe have the dealer send you the software for the boat. Plug it in to the USB port under the dash and them power up. Should auto install.

That might reset the code to the default of 1234.

Edited by 23LSVOwner
typo