Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 Malibu 23 LSV Throttle

Hey all

I just got my boat start up done and was told I will need to replace my Throttle shifter soon because they can’t lock the boat in neutral to rev the engine, are these hard to replace?? And does anyone know where I can find one, I’ve searched everywhere with no luck, dealer wants to charge me 1700 to fix it 

My 08 had neutral disabled by the factory due to a recall on the shifters they used (Isotta I believe) back then.  It was never an issue.. the shop just pulled the reverse soleniod wire off the tranny when they did any maintiance and then they used reverse to throttle up.  Never had an issue (well.. once they forgot to reconnect the wire and my wife couldn't figure out why the boat wouldn't back off from the trailer, takes 2 seconds to reconnect the wire.)  So I'd have a hard time spending $1700 if the throttle is fine otherwise.