Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

More smoke/less power

I have an 07 VTX.  I had the same problem mid-season last year, strong smelling exhaust and loss of power...31MPH vs normal 45-48MPH yesterday.  Being my first year to own the boat, I took to shop and had spark plugs, rotor, wires, fuel filter, oil and oil filter changed.

Should the rotor need to be replaced annually?  

Thank you for your help,

I think I might have misunderstood.  So it is not having the same symptoms again?  Then that is awesome.  

The owner's manual will say something like how often to 'check' the rotor and I think there is no replacement interval.  It is a long interval, I believe it was every 300 hours on my 2006 indmar motor.  You should be set for a while.  I am sure that one of the gear heads will chime in with definite numbers.  Owner's manuals are available at Indmar's website.