Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Seat Riser for 2018 22VLX

wedge88

Has anyone with a 2018 model purchased a seat riser?  This was the first year the power seat was an option and my boat wasn't ordered with it.  I had the billet block under my 2015 Axis and really miss the height.  I see greatlakeskipper has them for up to 2017 but I can't find anything in the 2018 era.  The bow rise in this boat isn't as bad as my A22 but with a smaller crew, we still find ourselves having to stand while surfing.  I am also going to run some lead up front but after having the higher seat, I keep wishing it was on this boat.  Any help would be appreciated.

5 minutes ago, jwl019 said:

I saw this on the Facebook Malibu group, a guy makes some for the newer boats.

Screenshot_20190425-071809_Chrome.jpg

Thanks.  I'll check it out.  

5 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

If you get one, please update this with a review. 

I will definitely keep this post updated.  I went ahead and ordered the kit above.  Anyone interested can view the page on Facebook under Island Curl Wake.

I figure for $105 shipped, it's worth a shot.  The last one I had was a great upgrade and while this isn't a full enclosure, it should get the job done and is about $150 cheaper.  I will post pictures once they are installed.

Edited by wedge88

Thanks guys. I will get these shipped out tomorrow. I can't wait to see them installed!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, inlandcurlwakeshapers said:

Thanks guys. I will get these shipped out tomorrow. I can't wait to see them installed!

Any more progress on the bow step? Thinking about getting the seat riser and bow step to install on my 2018.

Screenshot_20190423-153943_Chrome.jpg

4 hours ago, jwl019 said:

Any more progress on the bow step? Thinking about getting the seat riser and bow step to install on my 2018.

I would definitely keep an eye on our FB page the next couple of weeks!

17 hours ago, inlandcurlwakeshapers said:

I don’t have Facebook, do you have a website I can order from? Quick google search didn’t bring anything up... 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, jwl019 said:

My .02 on that - if you slip you are going to cut your leg wide open on those corners.  There are a lot of these types of steps out there that look a little safer

1112pt1.jpg

Edited by oldjeep
6 hours ago, oldjeep said:

My .02 on that - if you slip you are going to cut your leg wide open on those corners.  There are a lot of these types of steps out there that look a little safer

1112pt1.jpg

He had mentioned something on Facebook that it was a prototype and was trying to make one with gatorstep or something along those lines.  Definitely curious to see what it looks like and a price.  A bow step is probably not something I will use often but it would be nice to have if it is not too expensive.

11 hours ago, jwl019 said:

He had mentioned something on Facebook that it was a prototype and was trying to make one with gatorstep or something along those lines.  Definitely curious to see what it looks like and a price.  A bow step is probably not something I will use often but it would be nice to have if it is not too expensive.

Its funny when I bought my boat, the trailer came with bow steps. I thought I would never use them at all, but launching the boat by yourself, they are awesome to have.

1 hour ago, MFknK said:

Its funny when I bought my boat, the trailer came with bow steps. I thought I would never use them at all, but launching the boat by yourself, they are awesome to have.

I launch maybe one time a year by myself and that is why I thought it would be nice to have one.  That is the only time I can see myself using it, since I always load the boat up on land and use the rear trailer steps in the back for that.

We do not have a website at this time, but it is on the to do list. The picture he shared was something I threw together with scraps we had at the shop. The production units look a lot different. And yes, they will have Gatorstep pads on the surface you step on.

This has me thinking I should do this to my RLX.  I sourced some 6061 Aluminum square tube and some bolts and plastic plugs  for about $40 CAD.  Anyone ever try this on a Response?

They claim that these work on 2010-2019 Malibu and Axis models.  It looks like they have a different option for older models.  I’m trying to talk my parents into adding these on their TXi as we only sit on the booster in that boat so this would allow to sit on full seat.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

wedge88 that looks phenominal! Thanks for sharing your installation pictures. And thanks again for your business.

• 2 months later...

I ordered the Inland Curl seat riser for our 2019 25 LSV. Had a poor seat on our last boat and we really miss the extra height. I ordered yesterday and it is set to deliver tomorrow. I will update when I get it installed.

4 hours ago, Smitty4UK said:

I ordered the Inland Curl seat riser for our 2019 25 LSV. Had a poor seat on our last boat and we really miss the extra height. I ordered yesterday and it is set to deliver tomorrow. I will update when I get it installed.

Thanks let me know cause I'm looking at ordering one also.

On 8/16/2019 at 3:26 PM, breakz77 said:

Thanks let me know cause I'm looking at ordering one also.

So I got the Inland Curl seat risers installed yesterday on my 2019 25 LSV. I am extremely happy with them. The extra height is just what I needed. Our last boat had the power seat and we really missed the extra height, but now we have it again. We never moved the power seat it always stayed in the highest setting. Not sure why Malibu's default setting on a non power seat is so low.

Install was easy. I was surprised that the Malibu design is that the seat is just fastened by lag bolts into the fiberglass. So I took my time because I did not want to mess anything up on a new boat.

All swivel and forward/back sliding of the seat is fully functional. Really happy with how it all turned out. Thanks to this message board for helping me find this product!

IMG_5609.jpeg

IMG_5613.jpeg

IMG_5614.jpeg

IMG_5621.jpeg

IMG_5624.jpeg

IMG_5625.jpeg

IMG_5607.jpeg

Edited by Smitty4UK