Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

lsa engine reliability

CoAnthony

Hello all I'm new to this forum and Malibu but I've pretty much narrowed my new boat search to a 2011 or newer 247 and I found an 11 in my price range with a lsa engine. After doing some searching I'm finding some possible over heating issues and supercharger bearing issues with these engines. I'm trying to get maintenance records but the dealer that has the boat wasn't the one that serviced it so I'm trying to figure out where it was serviced and get them and maybe it's been upgraded or maybe theres a way to tell by looking at it? . I read that this sc in the cts-v and Camaro was given an extended 120k 10yr warranty but I don't think it carried over to the marine version? That also says its known to fail. So I guess I'm looking for some more up to date info and opinions on this engine and supercharger if anyone has any. Thanks

I’ve had the LSA in my last two boats.  Never had a problem not even one engine warning.  And I had one boat for four years it ran like a top year after year.  But mine were 2015 and 2019 lsa engines.

Edited by Capdoogie

I had  my first 2015 lsa in 23 lsv.  Not sure of actual numbers.  We only surf.  It seemed my 2014 23lsv with the ls3 engine was at 3/4 throttle 3700 to 3800  most of the time more if we were fully loaded with peeps.  my lsa was a little over 1/2 throttle 3400 rpm   Same ballast setup.   And at altitude. Not sure about sea level operations.   For me I would never give up on hp!  I could flood my entire boat and still surf. Lol  I would definitely get all the maintenance records you can find on engine in question to make sure she’s purring like a kitten.🙂