Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower Speakers / Amp Wiring Configuration

dkscism

So I just got my new Exile Surf 9’s mounted and wired up to my Wetsounds HT4 amp. I’m not sure how I should have the speaker wires connected. I’m shooting for the 300w rms X 2 configuration for my pair of speakers.

Which example below should I follow?

Do I need to have the switch in the middle picture below on 4 channel or 2 channel?

Do I need to have my RCA cables split using Y adapters so I can input into all 4 channels on the amp?

Do I have to adjust the gain on channels 1/2 and 3/4?

09151F54-89E4-4FDF-A2DE-0EB6D062D49D.jpeg

44FD5F7F-4353-4F90-809C-63E1448089B3.jpeg

47E9B6E5-8BEE-47EA-AE83-4FC545B6AFF6.jpeg

Edited by dkscism

1.  Bridged diagram 

2. 2 channel 

3. no you only need to input to 1/2 and 3/4 get that signal as well when set to 2channel,  

4. Yes

just keep reading the pdf over snd over and over snd it will all make sense 

took me awhile to understand my ht6 pdf

i recall I needed splitters to run my 6 in boats on an ht6 wired parallel , it repeated 1/2 to 5/6 I think but needed splitters to input 1/2 and 3/4 from inboats rca from EQ

Edited by granddaddy55
8 minutes ago, MLA said:

4 chnl

yes

yes, its technically two 2 chnl amps in one chassis. 

4chnl?  The button 2/4 or bridged configuration answer ?  It should be set to 2 channel input to replicate to 3/4 as per above pdf

Yes? Means your telling him to split ? and not use the 2 chnl setting?

i replicate to 5/6 on my HT6 with no problems fir 6 inboats parallel but I have to split to get 1/2 and 3/4 both fed 

9 minutes ago, MLA said:

Input mode in 4 chnl

Yes, you need RCA splitters

Degraded signal with in the amp ?

why splitters??  You can use just one pair RCA input to 1/2 snd select 2 channel setting and it will replicate to 3/4 as per pdf

Edited by granddaddy55

Thanks for the feedback. I think it can be done both ways: 2 channel setting without Y RCA splitters, or 4 channel setting with the Y RCA splitters. After more searching I think I will go 4 channel setting with the splitters. 

This after reading @MLA‘s and @David‘s advice here: 

They both seem to agree that that’s the optimal configuration.