Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Once you go BLACK...

Really happy with Azure Blue but wasn’t thrilled about the gray against it... 

Struggled at first to get the factory stuff off even using a heat gun.  It was coming off in small pieces, even separated layers. 

496F94A4-F380-4C35-BEA9-A6262847C0B1.jpeg

9AFE4F73-D20E-4093-82DF-465B7A08FD97.jpeg

Edited by IXFE

Good choice.  I like it with those boat colors.

Waterski America right?  I'm in the process of moving down to Frisco/Plano.

Edited by tjklein
  • Like 3
59 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

OMG. When you see it like that, that combo seems obvious. Wasn't a black deck fan. Now I am.

Steve B.

It’s funny, I’ve always liked black Gatorstep, but I’ve never had a colored platform to see the contrast.  It’s always been black on black (see below), which is great!  But I’m especially liking the black against the Azure platform.  Definitely exceeded my expectations.

The factory should offer this as an option, imho 

9D6BCFF3-8ED7-4537-9AA7-B3374E70BDA4.jpeg

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

Nice, definitely looks better. Are you doing the interior as well?

Yes, but not black in there. I wanted Gatorstep’s darkest gray to tie into the graphite interior and give some pop / contrast against the black floor. It’s called “sharkfin.” I will post pics when I out that in.  I’m working on another interior project that has me crawling around inside the boat a lot so having the carpet down is nice for the time being.

However, I did choose black for my top deck kit and it’s already installed. 

9272E71D-108A-4855-AE1F-DCB643E747A2.jpeg

991EA818-6656-4713-B28D-5EF9AE9936EF.jpeg

9FE4BEF3-5882-4B48-8B61-BFD2C24A618C.jpeg

• Like 2

Careful, you keep posting pics with monster energy and you might loose your endorsement deal with the "other" guys.. You do know that stuff is terrible for you right, geez I sound like my mother....?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I might look into some of this for my old school Sunsetter. 

I'm liking the rail strips and wonder if I could get some pieces of my wood deck?

In fact I'll just go talk to them. I looked them up online and they are literally 2 minute walk from my work. Never knew they were there!

I'm off...

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:29 AM, IXFE said:

Yes, but not black in there. I wanted Gatorstep’s darkest gray to tie into the graphite interior and give some pop / contrast against the black floor. It’s called “sharkfin.” I will post pics when I out that in.  I’m working on another interior project that has me crawling around inside the boat a lot so having the carpet down is nice for the time being.

However, I did choose black for my top deck kit and it’s already installed. 

9272E71D-108A-4855-AE1F-DCB643E747A2.jpeg

991EA818-6656-4713-B28D-5EF9AE9936EF.jpeg

9FE4BEF3-5882-4B48-8B61-BFD2C24A618C.jpeg

Just curious why you didn't go Black over Sharkfin on the outside, since you are going Sharkfin on the inside?  It would have tied in nicely.  Not being critical at all.  Yours looks great.

I just ordered my Gatorstep for my boat and went with the Black over Sharkfin.  I struggled with these options too.  I just find the light grey gets a lot dirtier in the lines/logos.  Can't wait for it to get here! 

6 hours ago, Hyperryd said:

Just curious why you didn't go Black over Sharkfin on the outside, since you are going Sharkfin on the inside?  It would have tied in nicely.  Not being critical at all.  Yours looks great.

I just ordered my Gatorstep for my boat and went with the Black over Sharkfin.  I struggled with these options too.  I just find the light grey gets a lot dirtier in the lines/logos.  Can't wait for it to get here! 

That is black/sharkfin 👍🏻

Sorry. I thought that was Silvercloud and misunderstood your post thinking you were using Silvercloud details on the outside and Sharkfin on the inside. After rereading it, it was my assumption. I’ve stared at flooring too much this last month. My eyes hurt. 😂 

Edited by Hyperryd
11 hours ago, EOS said:

How did you get the Malibu logo printed? This is gatorstep?

It's all laser cut so whatever you want I suppose. I went and saw their production set up last week. Seem like the possibilities are endless! I'm going to template some pieces for mine ASAP!

2 hours ago, IXFE said:

Not this year... 

What, your money tree isn't still producing buckets of cash?  

Your boat looks f'ing sweet.  Black is better for sure.  I am really liking the new drop-down swim platform as well.