Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Raw water pump torque spec

I started up my 98 Response LX 5.7 L and noticed that a lot of vibration was coming from my raw water pump (not leaking at all) and my V belt (in good condition) was slipping every other rotation (about 1” difflection measured in belt tightness). Took off my raw water pump, and noticed bearings had play, so I rebuilt the pump. now I am going to reinstall the pump to the engine, at what torque do I tighten the 3 bolts ? Hoping this sorts my issue. Thanks in advance for any help offered! 

Edited by Robert2018
Add more information

Thanks for input, I have already done this and get varying info. Probably just call the Malibu dealer near me and ask service dept. I’m particular, want it right. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I was able to get a torque wrench on the bolts. However after all this work my raw water pump is still vibrating like crazy and I can hear what sounds like my impeller “chirping”.. it did not do this last year, should I buy a new impeller and start there ? Have I installed impeller wrong? Impeller appears to sit a bit proud of the housing then “seats” when I screw down the housing cover. Thoughts ?