Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New boat sob stories.....

Bawshogg

How the clip became unclipped is still a mystery to me because I remember clipping the thing to the stern. Cry.gifCry.gifCry.gif
I lost 2 anchors and anchor buddys that way. Somehow they snap off.....
Doesn't anyone outside of Nor Cal use a mooring bouy? Crazy.gif

I had to wonder the same thing, most people up here do.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jetskipro550

• NorCaliBu

• summerfun

• Baddog

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My wife and I are at the lake on our very first day out with our brand new Sunsetter VLX. I shout out to my wife to get ready to throw out the anchor, anchor buddy and long line of rope connected to the stern with a spring clip. Waiting at the throttle and steering wheel to get close enough to shore so I could shut down the engine, jump out and take the bow line into shore I call for her to toss the anchor. She hesitates... I say toss it..she hesitates and says oh well and tosses the anchor, anchor buddy and stern line into the drink without the clip attached. Down goes $100 worth of new anchor equipment right to the bottom of the lake. Mad.gifMad.gifMad.gif How the clip became unclipped is still a mystery to me because I remember clipping the thing to the stern. Cry.gifCry.gifCry.gif

I'd made this maneuver may times before without a mishap but with old equipment. Maybe there's a new equipment fairy out there looking for a laugh. Shocking.gif

Sorry to hear of your sad tale of woe but looks like we all have them.

SAS

Did you dive in and get it?

or better yet, did she?

I dove in the area for about 20 minutes trying to find it. My wife and brother on the shore both laughing at me for almost drowning trying to save my new anchoring equipment. Did either of them come help me NO. I'm sure they were both sore from laughing. Mad.gif

Am I now using a mooring bouy?? No, I tie a big honkin knot to the stern eye and then with the free end of the line I tie a clove hitch to my pylon with a half hitch to lock it. Haven't had the problem since but the mooring bouy trick sounds like a good idea. ;)

SAS