Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New captains chair for a 92 skier

djdepriest

The chair has actually came apart not to mention some of the upholstery on the captains chair. I didnt know if the cheaper route would just be buying a skin for the chair and taking it apart and trying to salvage the wooden pieces or just buying a completely new one and installing it? I tried to take the chair out last summer but couldnt figure it out. I guess the bolts went through the riser or something im really not sure. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be the easier/cheaper route on this or has anyone have replaced a drivers chair in a skier type chair?! Thanks! 

I went through the same thing on a 92 skier. Essentially I rebuilt the base with pressure treated plywood and added L brackets to support the sides and back.  It was a real pain to unbolt the seat. If i recall it was bolted through the base to a metal frame. Had the seat cushion reupholstered but not the rest of the seat.I never could find a replacement chair that I thought would work but the little rebuild lasted for years.

1 hour ago, KDCr7 said:

I went through the same thing on a 92 skier. Essentially I rebuilt the base with pressure treated plywood and added L brackets to support the sides and back.  It was a real pain to unbolt the seat. If i recall it was bolted through the base to a metal frame. Had the seat cushion reupholstered but not the rest of the seat.I never could find a replacement chair that I thought would work but the little rebuild lasted for years.

Thanks for your response. I feel like this is something that ill also have to do. Ive tried to just rig it together with a few screws here and there but nothing is working. That sounds right ab the seat being bolted through the frame. It seems I was to big to try and finesse my way into the floor to see the bolt and loosen it! Ive looked online and cant find a direct replacement bc I think it would be easier to unbolt it and rebolt a new one in.