Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2009 Maibu 23 LSV Ballast Pump

Lawrence

Just purchased a used 2009 Malibu 23 LSV Wake Setter. Discovered that the Center Tank Drain Pump was not running. After checking for debris, I to cut the power lines for the Center Line Fill and Drain Pumps

( so I would have a known good reference) and put in quick disconnect crimp on fittings on. When I connected 12 volt power straight from the battery both pumps ran. Placing a volt meter in the power leads going

to the pump from the control panel, with the battery OFF, I measured 0 volts to each pump. As soon as I turned the battery ON, with the ignition off, I measures approx 9.7 volts going to both pumps. When the Center

tank multi-function  switch was was placed in the Fill position, I measured 12.6 volts on the power leads to the Fill Pump. When I selected Center Tank Drain, I measured approx 9.6 volts....guess that is why the pump is not running.

I also looked at the Forward Tank Fill Pump Voltages. Withe the Battery OFF, I measured 0 Volts, Battery on, I measured  0 volts, and once I selected Forward Tank Fill on the multi-function switch, I measured 12.5 volts.

1) Why would I not get 12.v to the Center Tank Drain Pump? 2) Why am I measuring approx 9.6 volts on the power cables going to the pumps as soon as I turn the battery on.

Next I measured the voltages coming out of the Fuse Box/Electrical Control Box up under the dash. For two Known Good ballast pump circuits (Right Rear Fill and Center Fill) I measured 0 volts with the battery OFF,

11.56 volts when I turned the battery on, and 12.6 volts when I turned the pump ON with the multi-Function switches.  For the Faulty/Bad Center Drain pump I measured 0 volts with the battery OFF,

10.2 volts with the battery ON, and 9.9 volts when I turned the pump on using the multi-function switch.

What inside the Fuse Box/Electrical Control Box would cause this? Some kind of relay/switch? Anybody know where I can find a schematic?

OH, andI have an Electronic Engineering/Tech Back ground.

A bit confused 

Lawrence 

Edited by Lawrence
additional measurements taken

I thought that the multifunction switch was the cause... scrolling up on the multifunction display, the same multifunction switch is used to control the panel lights/dimmer.

for that function the multi- function switch works properly.  I was considering, but do not where to look, for a relay of sort, that is driven by the voltages from the multifunction switch when

it is in the MLS center ballast tank position. Where would I look?