Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 Malibu VLX MUX Switches Alway On

Orange RIDE XTI

Hello All

I have a 2008 Malibu VLX, I just purchased the boat this winter and I’m just getting all the bugs figured out. Only thing left is the MUX switches are all ways illuminated, even if the ignition is off and keys are out. Only way I can get them to turn off is by turning the batteries off. Is this normal? 

I had to replace The left MUX switches due to the page button not working. All components of both MUX switches are working perfect.  

Has anyone else had this issue? Only thing I can think of is changing out the ignition. 

If if anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate it. 

I had a 2008 and the mux switches stay on for 5 mins or so after the boat is turned off (its in the owner manual if you have it).    Malibu also performed an update which added an “all off” switch to the mix switches which turns all power off to everything immediately 

18 minutes ago, ChuckW said:

I had a 2008 and the mux switches stay on for 5 mins or so after the boat is turned off (its in the owner manual if you have it).    Malibu also performed an update which added an “all off” switch to the mix switches which turns all power off to everything immediately 

Thanks ChuckW. 

I have tried this and they stay on for longer than 5 mins. I’ll try timing it tonight but I think I had them on for over 15mins. They also come on as soon as I turn the batteries back on.