Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat cover

BirdDog

Been "covered" recently.   See below between the two major boat cover mfg.   Many believe (and I have to agree)  Evolution Boat covers is a great cover.  http://evolutioncovers.com/   Only draw back for Evolution cover has been the lead time is very long.

My opinion on ranking.

1) Evolution

2) CS Commercial Sewing

3) GL  - Great Lakes  ( I have a GL that came with my boat.  OK but would replace with one of the others)  

Edited by ORMailbuboater
2 minutes ago, ORMailbuboater said:

Been "covered" recently.   See below between the two major boat cover mfg.   Many believe (and I have to agree)  Evolution Boat covers is a great cover.  http://evolutioncovers.com/   Only draw back for Evolution cover has been the lead time is very long.

My opinion on ranking.

1) Evolution

2) CS Commercial Sewing

3) GL  - Great Lakes  ( I have a GL that came with my boat.  OK but would replace with one of the others)  

Bake's covers are right up there with Evo covers.  Still a lead time but I don't think it is quite as long.

4 minutes ago, gregtay said:

Bake's covers are right up there with Evo covers.  Still a lead time but I don't think it is quite as long.

Bakes is Commercial Sewing is it not?  The prices sure look decent.

26 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Bakes is Commercial Sewing is it not?  The prices sure look decent.

Nope... Bakes is a pro shop/boat maintenance shop (Paul might explain it better than that) and they were a top Malibu dealer for many many years. Today they don't sell boats but they have a sister company Inboards Northwest (in the same building) that sells Axis, Supra, Moomba.  Anyway.. they have their own canvas shop onsite. Before Evo came along I think Bakes was the only place for a nice custom cover.  BTW.. Bakes and Evo are just down the street from each other in the same city.

Sorry - I meant to say a Bake's cover is a CS cover but as you say, they sell both CS and their own.  FWIW, there are lots of independent shops that will make incredible covers.

If you’re willing to take the boat to them, usually a local canvas or sail sewing shop can make you a custom cover that will be of better quality and fit than OEM. I just had one made for a 25 LSV so I could leave the Bimini open on the lift and cover the swim deck. It’s a much better fit than the CS cover and it keeps the boat (Bimini, tower, speakers, swim deck and all) completely clean.   

B25A64AA-F0B9-4A4C-A8A0-EA4B9F8BFADA.jpeg

63DDAD54-A033-4C94-A28F-67E10AD79B7A.jpeg