Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wet Sounds amp for 4 REV10 Speakers

Chaddie

11 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

Good amp but at 300 watts per speaker, I'd want a bit more to get everything out of 4 REV10's. 

having run two pair off of one in parallel on 14awg wire, and two pair off of two (400w per can) with each can wired direct with 13awg wire (yes 13), the difference was't perceptible.  It was a ton of work to rewire the tower and add the second amp for a pretty meh result (I mean it still sounded awesome, but not perceptibly more awesome). 

• 8 months later...

I"m late to the party here but have a question on if you are using 1 amp to push 4 Rev10's? if that's the case is that enough for all 4? which amp? i currently have a Syn-Dx4 bridged to push 2 Rev10's and want to add another set. Do I  just replace my Syn-dx4 or add another? 

thanks 

If you run direct runs You can do 2 SD6 at 575 watts per can.  You'll use up all of one amp for 3 speakers bridged, the 2 channels on the other bridged for one.  I then use the rest for my bow speakers

@BadgerHunter

SDX2 and syn dx2.3 are the only amps that can singularly 4 rev 10’s properly. (In terms of WS products)

There are forsure other brand models that can do it. You’re going to specifically be looking for something capable of 600+ watts x2 channels at 2ohm load.

Edited by Brandonloos21

@Brandonloos21  Thanks!  i'm just confused because when i contacted wetsounds, he told me i needed to get another SDX4 and bridge it after i asked him if there was just 1 amp i could use. 

14 minutes ago, BadgerHunter said:

@Brandonloos21  Thanks!  i'm just confused because when i contacted wetsounds, he told me i needed to get another SDX4 and bridge it after i asked him if there was just 1 amp i could use. 

No problem! 

SDX4 is the best amp (most headroom) to run a single pair of rev 10’s off of, bridged, just like the manner you have yours on the current syn dx4. So maybe that’s what he was getting at (confused also). The best amps for two pair, are sdx2 and syn dx2.3hp (only ws amps that can do 2 pair, and will do about 300/can). Your syn dx4 bridged can do 400/can, if I were you, I’d add another syn dx4 and run each can bridged on a dx4 channel getting 400 watts. Will sound the best, but will require 2 amps.