Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wedge will not go into Stowed Position

I recently purchased a 2018 A24 and after a day on the Lake I can not figure out how to get the power wedge all the way back up to the stowed position. "Wedge up" button is what I figured, but that gets it to position 6 and no further up. I'm I doing something wrong here?

Hopefully someone can enlighten me on what am doing wrong here.   Thanks  

They won't let it go up unless the boat is in motion as a safety feature. If the boat is in motion no one should be swimming near it and then no one will be able to get their legs or toes pinched in the wedge as it is going up to the stowed position.

The wedge can only be deployed if the boat is going less than 9 MPH, and can only be stowed if the boat is going between 1 and 9 MPH.  Spinning the paddlewheel by hand is a great way to stow the wedge when the boat is on the trailer, if you need it stowed for some reason, or if can be done by using the squash pad and setup menu at the helm of you need to do it by yourself.

Use the left/right arrows on the pad then press enter when you are on the setup screen.  Use the right arrow button to scroll to "wedge service" and press enter.  The screen will show your wedge sensor voltage.  Push and release the wedge up button on the dash over and over until the wedge is stowed, then press enter.  Use the right arrow to scroll down to "exit setup" and press enter.  I'm doing this from memory, so I'm sorry if the words on the screen are a little different, but I'm sure you can still figure it out.

2 hours ago, NobadDays said:

onewake09: Thanks for the advise, when you say press stow that meaning Wedge up button?

yes. On malibu boats i believe they have a "stow" button on the screen. 

On 5/13/2019 at 8:01 AM, NobadDays said:

I recently purchased a 2018 A24 and after a day on the Lake I can not figure out how to get the power wedge all the way back up to the stowed position. "Wedge up" button is what I figured, but that gets it to position 6 and no further up. I'm I doing something wrong here?

Hopefully someone can enlighten me on what am doing wrong here.   Thanks  

Another way to stow it is to hold the "go home" button down for a couple seconds while in motion. The "go home" feature  will will stow the wedge, kick on all ballast drain pumps, shut of perfect pass and make sure the surf gates are in.

I forgot to put mine up last weekend. I ended up duct taping a water hose under the boat in front of the paddle wheel and turned the water all the way on. Next I powered on the boat (didn’t start it) and changed the “speed sensor” from Zero Off GPS to paddle wheel. The speed of the water was around 8 MPH which allowed me to stow the Power Wedge on dry land. Once I was done I changed the setting back to Zero Off GPS. This all took about 5 minutes. Piece of cake if you only have one person.