Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

12’ VTX - Maliview Screen not working

This has happened more then once with our boat and I have never gotten to the bottom of it. The screen will randomly lose its visual and eventually come back on, and not happen for months. Just ready for Summer and found horizontal lines, some vertical. It responds to button pushing, yet will not display a clean visual, when starting it up.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

(for some reason I can’t load a photo)

Check your harness and video plugs that go into the malivue screen and into the viper control box, there may be moisture, corrosion, or worn pins that can cause an intermittent problem.  You can also swap the video cable with a known good cable and see if that fixes it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had similar issues with my 2009 VTX.  I took it into my local Malibu dealer -- they noted that one of the Viper ports is loose (looks similar to a CAT 5 cable).  They offered to replace the Medallion Viper box ($1100) or show me how to tighten the port/cable with a large zip tie (they would not fix with the zip tie for fear that they would further harm the Viper box requiring that they foot the bill to replace it).  I choose the latter; however, when I went back to the dealer on Friday (5/24) to pick up my boat and get instructed on how to accomplish the fix, the tech that worked on it was not around and no else really understood his proposed solution.  They did also suggested contacting Medallion to see if they had other suggestions/solutions -- which I did via their website.  

Anyone else experience this issue / contact Medallion??

If you are talking about the center screen with the buttons running down both sides, it is always the rca connection on mine.  Plugging and un plugging it always fixes.  I keep meaning to replace the cable with a higher quality one.