Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast tank guage stuck: 2018 LSV

ajive

My right rear ballast guage is stuck at 75%.  I tried filling to the top to see if it was a stuck float, but it didn't register full and stayed at 75% through the fill and drain cycle.  It also stayed at the same reading through a power cycle.

Any ideas on a fix?  It's a 2018 with the L shaped tanks.  Right around 40 hours so I guess I'm finding my weak spots right on schedule 🤦

Edited by ajive
20 hours ago, ajive said:

My right rear ballast guage is stuck at 75%.  I tried filling to the top to see if it was a stuck float, but it didn't register full and stayed at 75% through the fill and drain cycle.  It also stayed at the same reading through a power cycle.

Any ideas on a fix?  It's a 2018 with the L shaped tanks.  Right around 40 hours so I guess I'm finding my weak spots right on schedule 🤦

My guess is the float is just hung up on the pole as you suspected.  I believe the sensor is at the back of the tank in the rear corner on top.  I'd just loosen the screws and pull it out to see if you can free up the float (I am guessing just trying to pull it out of the tank will cause it to free up.)   IF nothing else you can verify if the float is moving and sending the correct signal or if there is an electrical issue somewhere between the float and the computer.

49 minutes ago, gregtay said:

My guess is the float is just hung up on the pole as you suspected.  I believe the sensor is at the back of the tank in the rear corner on top.  I'd just loosen the screws and pull it out to see if you can free up the float (I am guessing just trying to pull it out of the tank will cause it to free up.)   IF nothing else you can verify if the float is moving and sending the correct signal or if there is an electrical issue somewhere between the float and the computer.

Yep, that's all it was.  Thank you.  I didn't pull it all the way out so I didn't have to unglue the cup holder but a little shake  and the float dropped.  Hopefully it isn't a recurring issue, but at least it doesn't require a major disassembly if I do need to replace it!

I  have a 17 22 MXZ and have similar problem with the bow tank showing 0% but its obviously full (water pumping out of the overflow). I haven't looked for the sensor yet. Does anyone know how to access it?

This is just a guess, but you'll probably need to take upthe plastic base user the cushions to access the tank.  Lots of screws but not too much potential for error!