Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Help!

Elkinsa

So attempted to get out today for the first boat ride of the year. Put the boat in pulled the truck out and parked it and my wife yelled at me to come come quick. Never a good sign. Came down to the boat and there was water coming in from somewhere. I had put the drain plug in and checked the other two just in case. I just got this 2013 VLX middle of last summer. I pulled the boat out and pulled the rear plug nothing. Pulled the plug in the middle of the boat and there was a lot of water there. More probably just how the boat was positioned.  Put those back in and put the boat back in the water. Did not start it and no water coming in. As soon as I started it water was streaming down on the side compartment next to the drivers seat. Turned the engine off. Stopped again.  Turned the bilge on and pumped the water out.  With the boat on but engine off I tried to empty the front ballast just in case nothing there. Started  to fill it and then empty it and all worked fine. Started the engine again and with in a very short  period of time water appears as if it coming from the front of the boat streaming down the side of the boat as I see it in the opening next to the drivers seat again. I can’t get in to the local dealership until after Memorial Day. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks for your responses! I am not an engine guy but is this common? Seems weird that it worked fine going into getting winterized and then the first time out this happens. Does it have anything to with the winterization?

thanks 

3 minutes ago, Elkinsa said:

Thanks for your responses! I am not an engine guy but is this common? Seems weird that it worked fine going into getting winterized and then the first time out this happens. Does it have anything to with the winterization?

thanks 

Which means your weekend isn't ruined... just block off the heater core (loop the hose on the motor side) and you are good to go (sans heater of course.)

• Like 3

if it's a cracked heater core:

• then, yes, it wasn't winterized properly
  • you can still use the boat (sans heater) if you bypass the heater core with a short piece of rubber tubing

• Like 2