Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 VLX 22 Light Control Diagram to Add More Lights

Ed2018

Looking to add more interior LED's to 2015 Malibu 22 VLX but want to use factory controls.  I do not have "swim platform / underwater" lights so in the settings I can turn this option on to control the new lights in theory, but where is the plug/power source for this option?  Wondering if there is a diagram for this out there somewhere?  Already have some tapped into the "interior" lights but again would like to control them independently.  I also don't have tower lights so that would be another option to plug into.  Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

The underwater light harness plugs should be at the back of the boat, on the transom, in the engine compartment.  They have a ground wire and a switched 12v wire you can control from the touch screen.  If you are installing anything bigger than the factory lights, you should use the harness 12v switched wire to a relay 86, wire an independent 12v fused wire to relay 30, your light 12v power wire to relay 87, and a ground wire to relay 85 and your light ground.

The tower light harness is under the helm dash, and has two switched ground wires (one for front tower lights and one for back).  You can wire an independent 12v fused wire to a relay 30, jump the 30 and 86 connection, then wire your light 12v power to relay 87 and light ground to an independent ground source.  The harness plug wire for the tower light can be connected to the relay 85 to turn the relay (and the lights) on and off from the touchscreen.

• 4 weeks later...

My underwater lights stopped working (2016 22VLX). I couldn't find a fuse marked "Underwater lights" in the control boxes under the dash. Would someone know?