Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Windshield alignment? 18 LSV23

Have asked twice now to get my windshield alignment a little closer than it is. Been told it's within spec and unless it falls through , no fix. Anyone had any luck getting this repair? Only contacts by about 1/4" at top. Pic is from top down toward bow seats. Lower latch will not even latch, upper just barley catches the frame.

image.thumb.png.57236a742a00e95dcc9813059cde147c.png

I had a 2017 23 lsv and at 5 hours my cross through window shattered into a thousand pieces. It didn't go through, but there was a piece of metal on the window frame that hadn't been filed and caused the window to shatter. My dealer adjusted the window frame and replaced the cross through window immediately. They adjusted the window frame just incase it broke due to falling through.

5 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Boats flex and the gap will open and close.

That gap may be there for a reason.

Wrong, other same model boats on the dealer lot line up perfect.

5 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

What year is your LSV and what is the gap on your windshield? So your OK with poor fit and finish quality?

My 16 didn’t line up perfect. It was more a top to bottom deal than a side to side deal like yours. But there was some of that to. The dealer adjusted it to pretty close to perfect during one of the first visits. 

The windshield base at the port walkthru corner got moved towards the stern a quarter inch or so. It did expose some tiny blemished gelcoat from where the windshield used to be. But that didn’t bother me. 

18 hours ago, dalt1 said:

Before you choose to say wrong perhaps you should check yours......

19 hours ago, dalt1 said:

Not to say that yours is correct but the gap on my T22 is completely different in my driveway vs. on the water with ballast.  Make sure to water test with ballast before instructing dealer to adjust it otherwise it may be pefect out of the water and then stick or fall through on the water. 

21 minutes ago, vanamp said:

Not to say that yours is correct but the gap on my T22 is completely different in my driveway vs. on the water with ballast.  Make sure to water test with ballast before instructing dealer to adjust it otherwise it may be pefect out of the water and then stick or fall through on the water. 

Exactly. Boats are different and the windshields have to be adjusted for each one individually.

Does not change from trailer to fully ballasted. Wow I can't believe how easily folks except sub par Quality here. Window glass is 3/8" out of parallel from top to bottom. Bottom latch can not be latched as it also sticks out forward at bottom of window.

I just want to know if  anyone has had success getting an adjustment done on this issue. Not wanting to argue over what others will except or not.

22 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

Does not change from trailer to fully ballasted. Wow I can't believe how easily folks except sub par Quality here. Window glass is 3/8" out of parallel from top to bottom. Bottom latch can not be latched as it also sticks out forward at bottom of window.

I just want to know if  anyone has had success getting an adjustment done on this issue. Not wanting to argue over what others will except or not.

Settle down no one is arguing about quality just trying to give you GOOD advise to check it on the water so you can give your dealer the proper information to adjust it right the first time.  

Yes, I had mine adjusted it was good on the trailer but bad when surfing and my dealer asked about the on the water fit so they did not over adjust it.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, vanamp said:

Settle down no one is arguing about quality just trying to give you GOOD advise to check it on the water so you can give your dealer the proper information to adjust it right the first time.  

Yes, I had mine adjusted it was good on the trailer but bad when surfing and my dealer asked about the on the water fit so they did not over adjust it.

Exactly. They could adjust it flush on the trailer and then it could pop once it is on the water.

I swear, it feels like some people just want to argue for the sake of it.

On 5/15/2019 at 9:06 AM, 23LSVOwner said:

If it is truly engineered that way, I guess all the other 18 LSV 23 will be the same. Can others with this same model confirm their fitment for me?

On 5/17/2019 at 5:52 PM, dalt1 said:

If it is truly engineered that way, I guess all the other 18 LSV 23 will be the same. Can others with this same model confirm their fitment for me?

Some boats flex less than others.

People will see variances.