Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First surf session behind our 2019 25LSV

Dfowkes

1 hour ago, TallRedRider said:

I can get 2 bags behind the batteries, but it is a difficult job.    How did you get them in front of the tank?  Remove the bow cushions and slip them in there?  

Mine is a 2017, 3 piece hull, sorry.

had to pull the tank to them up there. And it was a pain in the a$$

Thanks all for your input. I suppose the tweaking doesn't end. I found both with my 23LSV and a friend's 22MXZ, the single most effective aftermarket enhancement was the 675 bow sack. But if I'm going to fork out for a new 25 I don't want to have to hang that pump over the bow ever again. So if you discover any more creative methods to get your bow down, please share.   

1 hour ago, TwoMargaritasPlease said:

Thanks all for your input. I suppose the tweaking doesn't end. I found both with my 23LSV and a friend's 22MXZ, the single most effective aftermarket enhancement was the 675 bow sack. But if I'm going to fork out for a new 25 I don't want to have to hang that pump over the bow ever again. So if you discover any more creative methods to get your bow down, please share.   

I think it is a question of enhancement vs. necessity.  If you needed that 675 to get a decent wave, then that is a poorly designed boat, IMHO.   I think the new 25 has a great wave out of the box.  I have placed some lead, but that is only because I wanted it to be a little better.  Placing 150 pounds of lead up front is a far cry from the big sac that completely removes the bow from use.   

I don't think there is a boat on the market that many people don't add something on top of the stock configuration.  I once posted a poll on Planet Nautique, (highly scientific, I know) and it appears most folks do NOT add weight to the G23.  I think we will find most folks will not add weight to the 25 LSV either.  Those of us obsessed with this kind of crap will add weight.  It is just a tweak, far from a necessity.  

• Like 3

Ha! My obsession makes every tweak a necessity! Some riders have superior skill, I rely on a better wave. Of all my demos I did like the 25LSV wave. It came close to my 23 with the ghetto bow sack. But I will not be satisfied with "out of the box". I want perfection. I have already learned much from members and I don't even have my boat yet. Please keep sharing any enhancements you can. For you a tweak, for me a necessity.    

I pulled the front speakers from my 2018 23LSV and stashed 50# behind each.  The cavities in the 23 are big enough where I could have fit another 1-2 bags if I really tried.  I bet the 25 has even more room behind the speakers.  I also stashed another 50# behind the drivers side storage compartment, and then 50# in the observers compartment.  I have 100# that I keep free to tweak my wakeboard wake. 

Keep in mind you won’t need as much bow weight in the 25, as it will naturally ride more level.  

Oh I like that idea. Thanks for that  

So I went in today for a final look. Came home with a new boat. They sure make it easy. Now the fun begins.

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, TwoMargaritasPlease said:

Oh I like that idea. Thanks for that  

So I went in today for a final look. Came home with a new boat. They sure make it easy. Now the fun begins.

POIDH

• Like 2

Yep that is brand new. You don't even have your registration numbers yet, nor have you removed the stickers by the gas valves. Make sure to get gatorstep on the gunnels, bow to stern; it enhances the look, safety and cuts down on heat. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, TwoMargaritasPlease said:

OK I had to look up what that means, then I had to relearn how to upload photos. I think I got it.

IMG_7092

Congrats! Is that the demo 25LSV from Seattle Boat (can’t see where you are located.. but that looks identical and looks like lk WA.. so making a guess)? If so I have been on your boat and it was helpful seeing that boat while we were picking the options for our order. Very sweet ride, enjoy!!

Yes gregtay that is the boat. Can't you see the scum on Lake Washington? I don't know if I'd choose the same options myself, but I like the color and didn't want to wait for an order. I sold my 23 in the morning and was having withdrawals by the afternoon.

bbattiste247, do you have gatorstep on yours? Please show me a picture.

3 hours ago, TwoMargaritasPlease said:

Yes gregtay that is the boat. Can't you see the scum on Lake Washington? I don't know if I'd choose the same options myself, but I like the color and didn't want to wait for an order. I sold my 23 in the morning and was having withdrawals by the afternoon.

Congrats, good looking boat! What part of the lake are you on?

7 hours ago, TwoMargaritasPlease said:

bbattiste247, do you have gatorstep on yours? Please show me a picture.

Congrats! See you out in the lake, love your boat. I needed to stay with a 23 otherwise I would have considered buying that 25 they had. I love the color combo, our build was similar but I just couldn’t pull the trigger in a black hull so I went with Azure over a white hull and added some gunmetal to mix it up a bit. 

46 minutes ago, gregtay said:

IXFE... who do you have to know to get the Malibu logos on your Gatorstep?? 

They stopped doing it recently for some reason. I had my order in very early this year (before the hammer dropped) so I was lucky. 

Pnwrider, I am in Kirkland near Yarrow Bay. Went out today, Sunday. Will be out Monday too. Liking it so far.

11 hours ago, IXFE said:

They stopped doing it recently for some reason. I had my order in very early this year (before the hammer dropped) so I was lucky. 

You are a lucky man! Apparently Malibu decided to pull the plug on using their logos 😏

5 hours ago, TwoMargaritasPlease said:

Thanks guys for the gatorstep photos. Had not previously considered it but it does make sense,

Mason from GatorStep can hook you up when you are ready.

• Like 1

Is this a sign that Malibu will be manufacturing their own flooring option in the coming years?  I can't think of any other reason why they wouldn't want to use their logo.  Is the Malibu logo available if you order gatorstep from the factory on a new build?  They took trailers and motors in house so is flooring the next process to take in house?