Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First surf session behind our 2019 25LSV

Dfowkes

Great day yesterday! Epic wave and such a beautiful boat, thank you again for the invite and congratulations again on your boat! Just wish the water was a little warmer- pretty sure I saw an ice berg floating.....

• Like 2

I think I have not yet been going that fast.  11.1 or so.  

My front tank drains on its own.  Looks like I need to track down that anti-siphon valve, and possibly see if it can be moved up higher.  

1 hour ago, TallRedRider said:

I think I have not yet been going that fast.  11.1 or so.  

My front tank drains on its own.  Looks like I need to track down that anti-siphon valve, and possibly see if it can be moved up higher.  

Both the front and center anti siphon valves were laying on the deck behind the drivers side front cubby box on mine. I vacuumed out the debris, rerouted and zipped tied the wires that were under neath the hoses and then zipped tied both valves to the side of the hull above tank level to one of the many many Malibu glued on zip tie anchor points. The supplied anchor points are glued on the hull everywhere up there. But they are kind of like seat belts, they are no good if you don’t use them. WTH Malibu?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Welcome to the 25LSV surfing world. Even with a small crew, I don’t miss my 23LSV. The extra space is always welcomed and the surf wave puts a smile on my face. 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, wdr said:

Both the front and center anti siphon valves were laying on the deck behind the drivers side front cubby box on mine. I vacuumed out the debris, rerouted and zipped tied the wires that were under neath the hoses and then zipped tied both valves to the side of the hull above tank level to one of the many many Malibu glued on zip tie anchor points. The supplied anchor points are glued on the hull everywhere up there. But they are kind of like seat belts, they are no good if you don’t use them. WTH Malibu?

Thank you WDR.  I got in there to take a peek.  As expected, my front anti-siphon valve was below the level of the top of the tank, especially when the boat is riding nose up when surfing.  I have not noticed my center tank emptying, so that is good.  If my boat were riding level, the center tank would empty also.  To do it right, I would have to lengthen the hose, did you do that, WDR?  This is a quality control failure for sure, since using anti-siphon valves has been a thing for 12-15 years now.  

After I rummaged around in there and adjusted some hoses for the ballast vent lines and cleared the actual ballast  hoses I had the length I needed. I did pull up on one of the hoses (center tank I believe) to get more hose to raise it high enough. Got lucky on that one I guess.

11.2 with PW3 4 clicks from Lift, stock and PNP all full. Believe there was 300 lbs of lead, with 200 in the port locker and 100 in the bow.

Crew was just 2 of us in the boat, which is the perfect crew size for this boat.

Edited by NWBU
3 hours ago, NWBU said:

11.2 with PW3 4 clicks from Lift, stock and PNP all full. Believe there was 300 lbs of lead, with 200 in the port locker and 100 in the bow.

Crew was just 2 of us in the boat, which is the perfect crew size for this boat.

Gotta Love the Goofy Wave.....

3 minutes ago, AussieSkier said:

Gotta Love the Goofy Wave.....

Yeah, although I’m liking the regular wave on this 25 too. If I were running this boat predominantly for regular riders, I’d stash another 100 lbs of lead on the port side.

• Like 1

I am about to upgrade from a 2013 23LSV to a 2019 25LSV. My wave was awesome with dual 900 PnP’s and a 675 bow sack. I am done with bow sacks. Where can you store lead in the bow of the 25? If you pull off the floor panel is there room around the hard tank?

This is the room you have under the floor on a 23. I imagine it will very much the same but with a longer fuel tank. There might be @ 2” between the bottom of the floor and the top of the tank. The tank flexes too much to support much weight. 

E677A7FB-700F-43A8-9633-E6AE89452636.jpeg

CCD0E2FC-2F4E-4168-A809-1988485DCB4D.jpeg

Thanks wdr. What about the bow? I want weight in the bow. I demo’d the 25 and it was ok but I still want to get the bow down. How can I do that without a big fat fat sack? 

56 minutes ago, TwoMargaritasPlease said:

Thanks wdr. What about the bow? I want weight in the bow. I demo’d the 25 and it was ok but I still want to get the bow down. How can I do that without a big fat fat sack? 

You could stash some lead on the bow end of the observers storage area. You’re going to want some lead on the port side anyway to counteract the 25’s torque twist.

307D1DB7-3F3D-4CB7-A58A-3D0522C2217B.thumb.jpeg.55f3b6d265ea3ebb067065b2c92781e9.jpeg

• Like 1

I have 500 in my 25. 150 behind the helm seat, 150 I think as far forward as possible in the compartment under the glove and 200 under the observer.  I dont even use the bolster seat.  If a guy was creative,  I think 150-200 would fit with the batteries. I am sure @dfowkes will chime in soon. He runs heavy.

1 hour ago, Sparky450 said:

I have 500 in my 25. 150 behind the helm seat, 150 I think as far forward as possible in the compartment under the glove and 200 under the observer.  I dont even use the bolster seat.  If a guy was creative,  I think 150-200 would fit with the batteries. I am sure @dfowkes will chime in soon. He runs heavy.

I have 2 - 50lb bags of lead tucked in the batteries. You might be able to get one more.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, TwoMargaritasPlease said:

Nice wave! What size PnP?

Wakemakers 580. It’s the kit they recommend for the plug and play with the auto vent. 

On 5/23/2019 at 5:43 PM, TwoMargaritasPlease said:

I am about to upgrade from a 2013 23LSV to a 2019 25LSV. My wave was awesome with dual 900 PnP’s and a 675 bow sack. I am done with bow sacks. Where can you store lead in the bow of the 25? If you pull off the floor panel is there room around the hard tank?

I was able to get 2 50lb lead wake bags in the bow , in front of the hard tank. It was a struggle though.

10 hours ago, Stevo said:

I was able to get 2 50lb lead wake bags in the bow , in front of the hard tank. It was a struggle though.

I can get 2 bags behind the batteries, but it is a difficult job.    How did you get them in front of the tank?  Remove the bow cushions and slip them in there?