Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 LSV Bilge

Hey All, we have taken out our new 23 LSV three times now.  Last night while we were out, the auto bilge kept coming on (and spitting out water) on a regular basis, maybe every 5-10 minutes or so.  Wondering what could be causing this?  Was happening with full balast as well as empty.

Any thoughts on where to start looking are much appreciated.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Hey All, we have taken out our new 23 LSV three times now.  Last night while we were out, the auto bilge kept coming on (and spitting out water) on a regular basis, maybe every 5-10 minutes or so.  Wondering what could be causing this?  Was happening with full balast as well as empty.

Thanks

I’ll assume both plugs are in and tight 😬.You certainly have a leak as you shouldn’t have any water coming in.  On our week-old 23LSV I noticed a slight trickle (drips) of water coming in from the port fill pump through hull. Seattle Boat(my dealer)  grabbed the boat from me this week, pulled the pump and resealed it. All good now. So get on the water and look around in the bilge. With that much water coming in the leak should be very easy to find.  My guess is either a ballast pump through hull or a raw cooling line is leaking. If you can’t find it quickly just hand it over to you dealer and let them deal with it.

6 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Thanks

Check both mid and rear drain plugs.

Make sure all the blue engine drain plugs are in and tight.

check around the engine for leaks.

On my 2017 23 lsv, I added a surf pipe and I needed to drill two really small holes to hold it. When I removed the surf pipe, I forgot to close up those small holes, so the next time out the auto bilge was going off all day.  It doesn't take much to start filling up the bilge. The holes were in the rear of the boat and we were moving the whole time, so I was surprised how much water was getting through.

Edited by bbattiste247

Check the plastic screw on compression nuts for the PW3. I had one that was just started, but not compressed enough to keep from leaking. And the list grows...

Edited by wdr

It was the pump/hose that lead to the shower.  Wasn't installed correctly.  Crazy, more than 100k on a brand new boat, and something basic like attaching a hose isn't done correctly.  I really like the boat, but little details like that (and a couple others I have found) don't inspire me to go shout from the rooftops about the quality.