Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

service engine reset

I had a mechanic come by recently and change my impeller and spark plugs on my 2013 Indmar Monsoon engine.  I started the boat up and got a service engine light.  I inspected the engine compartment and found an unplugged wiring harness lying on top of the distributor cap.  I plugged it back together and I still get a service engine light.  The engine seems to run fine at idle and mid speed.  I haven't tested above this, yet.

Will the service engine light eventually reset itself if the previously unplugged wiring harness was the cause?  Do I need to drag the boat the 4 hour round trip to the dealer for a reset or is there a way to reset it myself?  

Finally if it's the oxygen sensor, is that relatively easy to replace or am I stuck taking it to the dealer for a replacement and a reset?

thanks

31 minutes ago, DrFred said:

I had a mechanic come by recently and change my impeller and spark plugs on my 2013 Indmar Monsoon engine.  I started the boat up and got a service engine light.  I inspected the engine compartment and found an unplugged wiring harness lying on top of the distributor cap.  I plugged it back together and I still get a service engine light.  The engine seems to run fine at idle and mid speed.  I haven't tested above this, yet.

Will the service engine light eventually reset itself if the previously unplugged wiring harness was the cause?  Do I need to drag the boat the 4 hour round trip to the dealer for a reset or is there a way to reset it myself?  

Finally if it's the oxygen sensor, is that relatively easy to replace or am I stuck taking it to the dealer for a replacement and a reset?

thanks

It will auto reset after 3 complete engine heat up cool down cycles.  Until then the alarm will go off every 6 minutes.  Fun - huh?  The only way to reset it yourself is if you have the Diacomm software and cable.

The diagnostic screen on the boat will tell you what the code(s) are

Edited by oldjeep

Thanks old jeep.  That advice with regard to the 3 cycle reset was spot on.  After testing the rest of the systems my surf gate wouldn't retract, I got a high amperage shut down warning.  Now my surf gate is stuck out and I'm pretty sure that's going to cost me a trip to the dealer. The surf gate calibration didn't do anything.  The last time that happened, they replaced the actuator, all 3 computers/ junctions and a month later determined it was the ground wire......