Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

"Official" delivery day voyage -Our new 23LSV

gregtay

45 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

Love everything about this!   Congrats!

What is the water temp?

I will check when we go out today. I did quickly look once yesterday and the boat showed 72 but it’s not really that warm. I do a lot of open water swimming and when I jumped in yesterday I would have guessed it was 66-67 ish. Top inch was certainly warm (no wind yesterday.)  Water was cold, but pleasant. Everyone jumped in and it felt fine after 30 seconds. 

2 minutes ago, Leftlane said:

Congrats - did you guys bring a drone with you to get those pics?  Very cool if you did.

Yep, I have a Mavic Air we bring along(folds down really small)  Super easy to fly around and taking off from the boat is no problem.

91B65499-5FCC-4C66-8119-4770E701E28A.thumb.jpeg.072e6f24a46bc81c137223b1df17b267.jpeg

• Like 3

Is the step down swim platform as big of a hit for the kids as my wife and I anticipate it would be?  Kids: 4 and 7 yrs old here.

Edited by Five Cent Worth
9 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Is the step down swim platform as big of a hit for the kids as my wife and I anticipate it would be?  Kids: 4 and 7 yrs old here.

We don't have it as it wasn't an option in 2018 but it's one option I could see us using in the future.  The first thing we do when we stop to swim is fill the rear sacks to sink the platform so it's easier for the kids to get in and out 100x.  I keep waiting to see a Malibu commercial like GM did with their new tailgates but sub in people walking around with platforms.  

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

HUGE hit.  And I happen to have a 4 and 7 year old as well.  My wife keeps telling everyone how the step is the best part of the new boat.  I almost skipped it because I was afraid the hinges and bolts were just going to get in the way and bang up some knees.  @Ronnie shot some good videos of the hinges not being an issue with the wave and I decided to go back and add the step to our order.  SO glad we did. My kids think this is the coolest thing ever and they can now hang out much easier back there.  Highly recommend it with the age of your kids.  

ggg.JPG

gg.JPG

Edited by gregtay
1 hour ago, wedge88 said:

We don't have it as it wasn't an option in 2018 but it's one option I could see us using in the future.  The first thing we do when we stop to swim is fill the rear sacks to sink the platform so it's easier for the kids to get in and out 100x.  I keep waiting to see a Malibu commercial like GM did with their new tailgates but sub in people walking around with platforms. 

We do the same in filling the ballast to get the kids in and out of the boat easier.  

In looking at '19's, we think one of the huge advantages is the step down platform.  Hands down a must have for us.  Reminds me of the swim platforms that sink on the big boats to deploy the PWC's.    

1 hour ago, gregtay said:

HUGE hit.  And I happen to have a 4 and 7 year old as well.  My wife keeps telling everyone how the step is the best part of the new boat.  I almost skipped it because I was afraid the hinges and bolts were just going to get in the way and bang up some knees.  @Ronnie shot some good videos of the hinges not being an issue with the wave and I decided to go back and add the step to our order.  SO glad we did. My kids think this is the coolest thing ever and they can now hang out much easier back there.  Highly recommend it with the age of your kids.  

ggg.JPG

gg.JPG

Thanks for sharing.  Boat looks awesome!

1 hour ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Thanks for sharing.  Boat looks awesome!

Thanks, we are loving it!  And my wife did an awesome job on the colors (I wasn't so sure about Azure but it turned out great.)