Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

gregtay

Gap on rear desk - '19 23LSV

wedge88

Maybe the new Malibu motors need additional ventilation.  Are the boats with gap all M6 motors?

gregtay

Here is how mine measures out so you can see the scale. Most of the gap is probably 1.5” and gets worse at the junction. I do think I can get back 1/2 or so if the cushions were centered (pulled back) a bit. The front is snug enough that I think I could get away with a little adjustment.

2C9CE0CF-3816-4C97-9CA3-BBD0A350DE1F.thumb.jpeg.df31a8c76a216f076de2cdbfab894376.jpeg

COOP
1 hour ago, wedge88 said:

Maybe the new Malibu motors need additional ventilation.  Are the boats with gap all M6 motors?

The 25 LSVs we have are M6 motors, no gap at all.

gregtay
12 minutes ago, COOP said:

The 25 LSVs we have are M6 motors, no gap at all.

Not to mention in 2018 there were bigger motors than the M6 available. The engine compartment is well ventilated.

rsutton1223

I am going to put the registration numbers on mine today. I'll check. I'll be honest...I am pretty OCD about things and I didn't notice so it will be interesting to see if mine is the same way.

gregtay

I had to stop by my dealer today and I checked the deck on the 2019 23LSV on the showroom floor. It did have a small gap but it was minimal and not something I would have questioned if mine was that way. So it does seem like mine is out of adjustment beyond what is normal or “by design.” Still waiting to get it back into the dealer to figure out what the solution is.

AF5ED6F4-5CAD-4689-9339-8EDC13D49CB4.thumb.jpeg.c78b17bd7e6fbc9538fa492ae31e02b7.jpeg 

EAB0F87F-AC63-41E8-9B0B-E4FB51773894.thumb.jpeg.8c6a5200d2ec556d03ce3232e7f9baaf.jpeg

Well let me know what they say.  I'm taking mine to get it's break in service tomorrow and I'm going to inquire also.  The image is yours and mine.  Basically the same gap.  

Gap 23LSV swim .jpg

rsutton1223

Mine is about the same as well after I looked at it. Not something I really noticed without looking for it.

UWSkier
On 5/21/2019 at 4:39 PM, gregtay said:

I had to stop by my dealer today and I checked the deck on the 2019 23LSV on the showroom floor. It did have a small gap but it was minimal and not something I would have questioned if mine was that way. So it does seem like mine is out of adjustment beyond what is normal or “by design.” Still waiting to get it back into the dealer to figure out what the solution is.

AF5ED6F4-5CAD-4689-9339-8EDC13D49CB4.thumb.jpeg.c78b17bd7e6fbc9538fa492ae31e02b7.jpeg 

EAB0F87F-AC63-41E8-9B0B-E4FB51773894.thumb.jpeg.8c6a5200d2ec556d03ce3232e7f9baaf.jpeg

While the gap might be a bit ungainly and dangerous, I'd rather have a consistent gap on both pads than a gap only on the starboard side like this one.  Yeesh

surfdude

Thats what my 22lsv looks like