Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gap on rear desk - '19 23LSV

gregtay

20 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

Now my windshield fit at center gap where they close together is another story. 

I think someone has some explaining to do about this great new "feature" found on 2019's :-/

4 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

At least I got stomp pads. 2019 have to pay more for less. No stomp pads and smaller sun pads :lol:.

I hated the stomp pads on my 18 (and they were crooked too). Glad to be rid of them. I actually tried to order the boat without them, but Malibu wouldn’t accommodate that request. 

• Like 2

What is cool about this is you can keep the same great dealer.  Sorry the Malibu experience fell apart.  I know we all see similar issues from time to time and it is frustrating but I also know friends with issues in other brands as well.  For our family, Malibu still checks the most boxes at what we believe is the best value overall.  

And your construction comment is spot on - I am not an environmentalist or anything but it is a shame how many products these days fall apart in short time and just have to be thrown away.  

• Like 2
On 5/10/2019 at 4:22 PM, gregtay said:

IF you get a chance measure the distance across the edge of the pad (where they come together) from the bottom side(easier to measure.)  Maybe get the measurement for the edge the runs along the side of the hull as well (where the hinges are.)  I am just curious if my pads (and I mean the composite/plastic board they wrap the leather around) is smaller.

Measured from front to rear.image.thumb.png.ce36ba4a3c4125136115261d9b57e499.pngimage.thumb.png.80747a47fdb0af45a589d66027a62b69.png

@ID AX typical response from the former owner crowd... adds nothing to the conversation, instead looks for an opening, any opportunity to drag us all back and rub our noses in the reasons YOU moved on from Malibu but for some reason continue to hang around the Malibu forum. You’ll say it’s because this is the best “boat” forum.  Is that what you were thinking when you piled on with that post?

Does it make you feel better or maybe justified to a remind us all (again) why you moved on to an apparently “flawless” boat??  Do Malibu owners do this on planet Nautique???

A0F4EFDA-4350-4D40-8BED-F49985372CE7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
ahopkins22LSV

Guys, we welcome all boat owners but threads will not turn into a brand war. Just like it’s now allowed in the stereo topics it’s not allowed for OEM’s either. Please keep input related to the OP’s original topic.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, dalt1 said:

Measured from front to rear.image.thumb.png.ce36ba4a3c4125136115261d9b57e499.pngimage.thumb.png.80747a47fdb0af45a589d66027a62b69.png

Thanks.. well the pads seem to be about the same size 😏... so they clearly just made something else wrong. No idea.

this is my 2019 that started this thread:

825C9BED-A4E9-486A-9117-0761F9DDA41F.jpeg

And I just don’t see how anything can be off as the dimensions are set from the top deck mold. 

51EE302E-583B-4435-AE96-25CD30296AFA.thumb.jpeg.335cf03d85e127382e9f53403ddf2b3d.jpeg

Edited by gregtay

When I was working the boat show, I was talking with the rep about this and why it was the case.  His response was that there were issues with the vinyl rubbing the fiberglass and water touching the two materials and causing problems.  I was surprised by this but we will see how many complaints arise for jammed toes. 

10 minutes ago, bcoppess23 said:

" water touching the two materials and causing problems."

It is a damn boat... maybe they should have designed with products that are totally okay getting wet :-O.  I think that is a BS answer.. the 25LSV (which was designed this year) does not have the huge gap nor do most of the other boats.  And if you need a gap.. fine, 1/4" will do.  Mine is almost 2"

4 hours ago, bbattiste247 said:

Just think that may be you got 2 extra inches and be glad that they didn't even charge you. :biggrin:

Oh I’m sure they found a way to charge me! 😳

Since this thread has been up, I have looked at several 2019 23 LSV specifically looking for that gap. In the three that I have seen, there is little to no gap. Get it checked out!

16 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

Since this thread has been up, I have looked at several 2019 23 LSV specifically looking for that gap. In the three that I have seen, there is little to no gap. Get it checked out!

If you see another one without the gap please take a photo. 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, gregtay said:

If you see another one without the gap please take a photo. 

Yes please! Make sure they are 2019 and not a 22 VLX. Every 23 LSV we've seen has had the gaps.