Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to clean sea deck (like)

FatGoldChain

How do you clean the stock sea deck stuff that’s on the swim deck and various other places. Mine is the stock axis stuff that’s grey and can’t figure out how to clean it getting the black marks.

TIA

8 minutes ago, gregtay said:

I believe Axis is Gator Step... and this is what they say about cleaning...

2CB7A02B-00DF-41F2-A81C-159DC114B62F.thumb.jpeg.996259f05ef1c882e6415a667e78d030.jpeg

I knew it would be a quick and accurate answer. Thanks!

I use this:  https://scwake.com/how-to-clean-seadek-boat-juice-eva-foam-cleaner/

It is specifically made for foam and works very well.  It isn't great for inside the garage, because you will want to wash it down with water.  But soapy water would be the same. 

I think the best addition to any cleaning modality is using a brush.  I suspect soapy water might work just as well as the SCwake stuff, I have not done a head to head.  But trust me on the brush, and many spots will come off with scrubbing with no cleaner at all.  

• Like 2

mine looked generally pretty thrashed about 2/3 of the way through last season.  I kinda resigned myself to the fact that I just hadn't been diligent enough with keeping it nice.  But I pulled my boat/car wash bucket up into the boat anyhow and poured some of the soapy water on there and went to work swabbing the deck with a bristle scrub brush.  I was surprised at how great it looked.  Came out looking good as new.  The axis advice to flush with fresh water is good... I didn't (instead just wiped dry with a towel) and it was just a touch slippery at first (till enough wet feet walked on it).

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV

Mine needs it that is for sure. I’ve been meaning to do it this spring but we’ve had a grand total of like 3 days of warm weather (by Michigan standards) and we choose to go out on the boat those days lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

I used Dawn on my this year. It worked great. I'd follow the GatorStep recommendation. I don't see why it wouldn't work just as well on SeaDeck.