Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 A22 with a strong odor of gasoline.

My 2019 A22 has twenty 23 hours on it and I began smelling a strong odor of gasoline while it’s running. While I can smell the gas throughout the boat, the odor is even stronger in the engine compartment. Has anyone else had this problem with their new Axis?

I had this issue on my '14 T22. Took a while to find it, but I pulled up the floor over the tank and found a 90 degree fitting on the top of the tank was cracked, so fuel was spilling out and ending up in the bilge. It looked like someone had inadvertently stepped on it during assembly. It was a 5 minute fix once my dealer sent me the part.

Pull up your floor and look at every hose and fitting carefully to see if it is something simple like that. If you can't find it by a simple inspection, I would take it to the dealer asap.

• 3 weeks later...

Known issue.  My dealer is dealing with 20+ 19’s with fuel pumps breaking the seals.  Had to take it back after new pump due to engine MIL code.  

3 hours ago, Kaufmannd2004 said:

Known issue.  My dealer is dealing with 20+ 19’s with fuel pumps breaking the seals.  Had to take it back after new pump due to engine MIL code.  

How big of a problem is this, most all 19’s or just a few. I’ve had my 19 t23 now for a month but unfortunately have not been able to use it due to flooding. Headed 8hrs  to Norris lake for 7 days and would hate to have this problem 

3 hours ago, Giesh164 said:

How big of a problem is this, most all 19’s or just a few. I’ve had my 19 t23 now for a month but unfortunately have not been able to use it due to flooding. Headed 8hrs  to Norris lake for 7 days and would hate to have this problem 

I’m on an Axis 19 T22 and my buddy runs a 19 25 LSV same issue within two days.  My happened after I filled it and drove to the ramp.  If your at Norris Malibu is not far, at least you can go knock on the front door! 😜

Edited by Kaufmannd2004

I have the same problem. It’s a known issue at this point and something they are wanting to take care of immediately. I started to notice mine after about 8 hours on the engine. 

4 hours ago, cptotr said:

I have the same problem. It’s a known issue at this point and something they are wanting to take care of immediately. I started to notice mine after about 8 hours on the engine. 

Is your issue the fuel pump for the tank fitting? Trying to figure out what the common issue is. 

There is a known recall right now on a faulty fuel tank grommet. Contact your dealer and they should be able to get you squared away. Simple easy fix.

• Like 1

In case you haven't already seen the post, go check out this topic on the Malibu discussion page. Lotta good info. Bottom line is, get to the dealer today, they are ready for you and they will probably fix you up in a day or so...until they run out of parts that is.