Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
DougsBoat

Wedge issue

DougsBoat

I have a new 2019 Axis T22 with 4 hours on it. I have noticed that when I am skiing or cruising my manually operated wedge is catching water even when i have it is in the up/stowed position. This seems like a problem. Does anyone know if this how it is designed to work or know if I need to have it adjusted? 

ahopkinsVTX

I’m not doubting you, but generally curious on how you know it’s catching water?

Slayer

I can't speak to your boat specifically, but before I removed the wedge from my RLXi, it would catch water from time to time as well.  

Eagleboy99

The wedge on my RLx seems to deflect spray.  Not sure I'd call that "catching".

DougsBoat

The reason I think it is catching water is because I see water squirting up through the port used to raise and lower the wedge.

IndyFerg
4 minutes ago, DougsBoat said:

The reason I think it is catching water is because I see water squirting up through the port used to raise and lower the wedge.

Do you have a surf pipe?  That can cause some funky water/spray patterns as well. I'm basically in the same boat and situation this spring as well and nothing looks "normal" to me from behind the boat, but I have a ton of stuff back there that wasn't on my old boat so figure it's all the newness of it. 

DougsBoat

I do have a surf pipe. That might just be the answer. I will check it out closer. Thanks

85 Barefoot

i didn't even know you could get a manual wedge in 2019.  you learn something every day.

..and as others have suggested, it's likely the pipe

granddaddy55
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

i didn't even know you could get a manual wedge in 2019.  you learn something every day.

..and as others have suggested, it's likely the pipe

Actually aren’t surf pipe snd power wedge 3 tied together as an option package for 19 

Edited by granddaddy55

85 Barefoot
13 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

Actually aren’t surf pipe snd power wedge 3 tied together as an option package for 19 

I believe so...good point

granddaddy55
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

I believe so...good point

So yea I don’t get this thread , how coukd it be a ‘19 with surfpipe snd auto set wedge ??

get pw3 automatic get surfpipe, maybe it’s that  you can order surfpipe by itself snd then select auto set wedge 

Edited by granddaddy55

ahopkinsVTX

Autoset wedge may still be an option for 2019 Axis and you can still get a surf pipe with it.