Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Kalamazoo

2019 Wake the World MI-W

Kalamazoo

Hey crew!
We're having our 5th Wake the World Michigan event this year and planning on hosting around 100 kids from Bethany Christian Services and the Kalamazoo Gospel Mission for a day on Gull lake. We normally average about 20 boats and 200 or so people total. If you want to participate (must have inboard or v-drive) or support us we'd greatly appreciate it as we certainly will take more sponsors and donations (we spend about $4000 on the day). We do happen to have a need for life vests...so if you have any you wish to donate (very small and very large seem to always be in demand) they would certainly go do a good cause (and for other events as well). Contact me anytime with questions, visit our facebook page or, of course, feel free to donate at www.waketheworld.org (be sure to note it's for the MI-W event). Thank you!

breakz77

I participated and brought my boat out for a Wake the World event in my area 2 years ago.

I can say it was a great feeling to get foster kids out on a boat for their first time.

The kids smiled for days and was stoked to experience something not possible to them.

If anyone has the time I highly recommend doing it.

IndyFerg

Won't be able to do the Michigan one, but will be doing the Indiana one on June 24!  I think you were out there last year (based on your boat listed in your profile), hope to see you again.

Will echo @breakz77's comment about how awesome it is, a highlight of my summer.

Kalamazoo

Yep, we'll be there again!