Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 Sub install pictures?

Arick

I would like to see how everyone has installed their sub as I'm looking for ideas and feedback. I seem to be failing pretty hard at searching for previous topics with pictures. I tried the google method, didn't get great results.  Would like to hear feedback on the sub and enclosure, anything you would change?  

Currently replacing the stock stereo that has no amp/sub.  Going with 4 JL 6.5 Ms and M1000/5 amp.  The sub is still open for debate however I'm thinking a JL 10".   

Thanks in advance.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:01 PM, Arick said:

I would like to see how everyone has installed their sub as I'm looking for ideas and feedback. I seem to be failing pretty hard at searching for previous topics with pictures. I tried the google method, didn't get great results.  Would like to hear feedback on the sub and enclosure, anything you would change?  

Currently replacing the stock stereo that has no amp/sub.  Going with 4 JL 6.5 Ms and M1000/5 amp.  The sub is still open for debate however I'm thinking a JL 10".   

Thanks in advance.

I went with a 12 underneath the Helm and a 12" in the observer side compartment.  I have had 10" in boats before and I think the 12"s do a better job since it's open space and not much to bounce the bass around to get that boom

IMG_3049.thumb.jpg.f8a5d9a1feda4d33cff2bad076aa16ce.jpgIMG_3050.thumb.jpg.e38dfa613a010218a3709228a282dfcc.jpg

Edited by hawaiianstyln
2 hours ago, hawaiianstyln said:

I went with an 12 underneath the Helm and a 12" in the observer side compartment.  I have had 10" in boats before and I think the 12"s do a better job since it's open space and not much to bounce the bass around to get that boom

IMG_3049.thumb.jpg.f8a5d9a1feda4d33cff2bad076aa16ce.jpgIMG_3050.thumb.jpg.e38dfa613a010218a3709228a282dfcc.jpg

How do you like that 2nd sub? I’ve considered a 2nd in that compartment, but have hesitated because previously (01 vlx) muffled the bass and I would always stuff a towel between the seat back to vent the chamber.

with the newer boats that compartment is open all the way under the port seats, and we always have at least 1 seat back up.

i have all the wattage needed to add a 2nd just haven’t felt the need to pull the trigger.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 7:17 PM, Stevo said:

How do you like that 2nd sub? I’ve considered a 2nd in that compartment, but have hesitated because previously (01 vlx) muffled the bass and I would always stuff a towel between the seat back to vent the chamber.

with the newer boats that compartment is open all the way under the port seats, and we always have at least 1 seat back up.

i have all the wattage needed to add a 2nd just haven’t felt the need to pull the trigger.

my 08 it doesn't muffle at all.  It also really makes the bass sound very solid with the 2nd sub. 

Here's mine.  In a QBOMB box with rubber feet.  Pretty simple and sounds good.  Main thing with woofers is to have enough power behind them.

20170708_131044red.thumb.jpg.676b0d72771b51c0b35209abd488f619.jpg

• Like 1
On 5/10/2019 at 3:22 PM, hawaiianstyln said:

I went with a 12 underneath the Helm and a 12" in the observer side compartment.  I have had 10" in boats before and I think the 12"s do a better job since it's open space and not much to bounce the bass around to get that boom

Did you custom build the helm box or is the face plate over a pre fab?  Look excellent!  What sub and amp are you running there?

56 minutes ago, minnmarker said:

Here's mine.  In a QBOMB box with rubber feet.  Pretty simple and sounds good.  Main thing with woofers is to have enough power behind them.

20170708_131044red.thumb.jpg.676b0d72771b51c0b35209abd488f619.jpg

That looks great as well and it looks like you have a bit of extra room there on the side.  What sub/power are your running?

8 minutes ago, Arick said:

That looks great as well and it looks like you have a bit of extra room there on the side.  What sub/power are your running?

It's a Wet Sounds XS-12 Sub powered by the sub channel of an Alpine PDX-V9 amp which is 500 watts rms into 4 ohms.  That's a throw-able life preserver to the left.  Required by WI law.

18 minutes ago, Arick said:

Did you custom build the helm box or is the face plate over a pre fab?  Look excellent!  What sub and amp are you running there?

I built the sub box separate.  so yes after the sub box was built I wanted to have my heater vents installed on a face plate and cover up that area.  With the 4" seat riser I bought off ebay, I didn't really lose legs space because I'm not sitting taller.  

I'm running two 12" Exile Subs and they are both powered off one Exile 20.1 amplifier (Into 2 ohm: 1600w x 1 / Into 1 ohm: 2000w x 1)