Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding Options Afterwards

Malibuckeye

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to add a heated seat (without a whole new seat) or the wireless phone charging to a boat after it's been delivered?  

I  noticed when crawling around the compartment under the glove box that there was a plug in marked 'wireless charging'  in there.  Getting under the driver's side might be more difficult.  Assuming you can get a charger and mate a plug to the existing, it should be pretty easy.  

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

I  noticed when crawling around the compartment under the glove box that there was a plug in marked 'wireless charging'  in there.  Getting under the driver's side might be more difficult.  Assuming you can get a charger and mate a plug to the existing, it should be pretty easy.  

Drivers side is easy to access from the storage behind the bow seat.

Yes.. adding some options after delivery is possible (and often cheaper!)  For the most part the wiring harnesses are the same regardess of options so the connectors are in place. 

Examples..

1) the Bow Camera power plug and video cable are both under the helm

2) The access panels in the under the dash on the passenger side are pre-drilled/cut for installing a ProMariner battery charger (you just cut the carpet where the holes are.)  

3)  Navigation maps can be added with a $10 gps from amazon and a $80 map CF card, they just plug in and you have nav maps

1 hour ago, gregtay said:

Drivers side is easy to access from the storage behind the bow seat.

Yes.. adding some options after delivery is possible (and often cheaper!)  For the most part the wiring harnesses are the same regardess of options so the connectors are in place. 

Examples..

1) the Bow Camera power plug and video cable are both under the helm

2) The access panels in the under the dash on the passenger side are pre-drilled/cut for installing a ProMariner battery charger (you just cut the carpet where the holes are.)  

3)  Navigation maps can be added with a $10 gps from amazon and a $80 map CF card, they just plug in and you have nav maps

Would a 2017 21VLX have the ProMariner battery charger holes as well? Where would I find them?

26 minutes ago, phinz said:

Would a 2017 21VLX have the ProMariner battery charger holes as well? Where would I find them?

Not sure.  I know the 2018/2019 23LSV have them.  You can always drill your own.. but it is sure easier when you can just cut the carpet, pull through the wires and mount things up.

4 hours ago, Malibuckeye said:

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to add a heated seat (without a whole new seat) or the wireless phone charging to a boat after it's been delivered?  

Wireless phone charging is tough.  You would need the new sport knob assembly .... but the one in the armrest area would be pretty easy (I would think).  You could also just throw a Qi charging pad in there and plug it up to usb - done.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, phinz said:

Just pull the carpeted panel on the passenger side storage compartment closest to the walkthrough.  Look on the back side of it, and you can see if there are holes where the wires would route through.  My 2018 LSV has the holes.  I just screwed the charger into the panel, and slit the carpet where the holes are, then routed the wires.  The entire job took me about 20 min.

18 hours ago, SCMike said:

Just pull the carpeted panel on the passenger side storage compartment closest to the walkthrough.  Look on the back side of it, and you can see if there are holes where the wires would route through.  My 2018 LSV has the holes.  I just screwed the charger into the panel, and slit the carpet where the holes are, then routed the wires.  The entire job took me about 20 min.

Exactly... 20 mins, super easy, and you end up with exactly what the factory set up is.  I also ordered the "plug holder" for $10 on Amazon and it fits into the predrilled hole on the upper panel (again, just cut the carpet.) then you have the plug secured in the panel just like the factory setup.

1 hour ago, gregtay said:

Exactly... 20 mins, super easy, and you end up with exactly what the factory set up is.  I also ordered the "plug holder" for $10 on Amazon and it fits into the predrilled hole on the upper panel (again, just cut the carpet.) then you have the plug secured in the panel just like the factory setup.

Didn't know this when I mounted mine but I like it better where I put it.image.thumb.png.16ed06d21db61d62fd3640a20f5f9961.png