Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2009 VLX - Where on the display does it show the Wedge position?

I just starting taking my "new to me" 2009 VLX on the water and playing around with it. How can I tell whether the wedge is up, down, or somewhere in the middle from my display screen? I would assume it's in the upper right in the attached screen shot, but that display image doesn't seem to change no matter where I set my wedge to.

What am I missing? How can I tell what position my wedge is in from my Maliview display screen?

Thanks!!!

Dash.jpg

Edited by Fish209
10 hours ago, Fish209 said:

I just starting taking my "new to me" 2009 VLX on the water and playing around with it. How can I tell whether the wedge is up, down, or somewhere in the middle from my display screen? I would assume it's in the upper right in the attached screen shot, but that display image doesn't seem to change no matter where I set my wedge to.

What am I missing? How can I tell what position my wedge is in from my Maliview display screen?

Thanks!!!

Dash.jpg

Yes, The wedge in that image in the upper right should move with the wedge. Sounds like your Viper is not getting the wedge position data.

If that is where it should be showing the wedge position, it sounds like you're right and the Viper is not getting the data. There might be something more wrong with my Viper system as last weekend my screen took about 20 minutes or so before starting to work. It was just showing a wavy screen. (I started another thread about the wavy screen issue, but doesn't seem like anyone had any ideas on what to check.)

Not as worried about the wedge position issue, but if the screen continues to give me issues with not starting, I might have to take it in to have it looked at.

Unless anyone has any ideas for something easy to check into first?

Thanks!!

if memory serves, if you stick your head up under the dash, you'll see that the viper video comes through an rca cable.  IIRC the screen itself is just a "dumb" video screen.  So one easy bit of troubleshooting on the wavy screen is to make sure that the rca is well seated.  I'd unplug it and plug it back in.  When I was installing a sub on my 2014, I had the screen go blank after I was done and I panicked, thinking I'd messed up the maliview somehow.  Well, turns out I had... by bumping the rca cable and unseating it.  Plugged it back in and all was well.

Thanks shawndoggy! I'll try that!

It also might just be a low battery issue. I'll post more details on that in the other thread in case that is the fix and others search the forum with a similar problem.