Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer VIN 2017

FortNolin

I’m driving myself crazy trying to find the VIN stamped on trailer. Have looked everywhere and especially near the tongue.  Need help so I can get title and register.  

My Boatmates were all stickers located in the right side inner vertical frame rail up front. The Malibu trailer the stickers on the left side same area and the last 4 numbers of the VIN are welded on the frame directly under neath side of the vertical bow roller pole and winch.

A 2017 trailer does not already have a title? The VIN will also be on the title of course but sounds like you are looking for the VIN so you can get a title and register? Unless the trailer was hand built custom (in my State, you can do this, stamp numbers in tongue and at axle, then take it too highway patrol to inspect and they give you the info to then go to DMV and get a title and register it. Maybe the title was lost by previous owner... Did you recently purchase the trailer and the seller had no title to give you?

I just looked at my 2014 Boatmate, as stated above, the VIN is located only on the sticker on inside of the vertical frame near bow. Only stamps on actual trailer I found are small plates located at the bottom of each axle and they have the serial numbers for axles only. Strange that the VIN is not etched into the trailer anywhere on mine. Guess its possible someone removed the sticker on yours and why you cannot find it anywhere. If that is the case, hopefully the sticker wasn't removed cause the trailer was stolen or something else funny was going on. If that ends up being the case and seller did not give you a bill of sale with the VIN #'s and trailer details listed on it, you may wanna think about going on the defensive and talking to local authorities so you don't end up in a bad situation. (maybe I am misreading your post since I am assuming a few things since limited info). Good luck with this

13 hours ago, FortNolin said:

I’m driving myself crazy trying to find the VIN stamped on trailer. Have looked everywhere and especially near the tongue.  Need help so I can get title and register.  

I assume you have the statement of origin?  You will need that to register and that has the VIN.  

Thanks all.  Buying from TN owner and titles are not required for trailers. Maybe stickers aren’t placed when sold in TN for a TN resident.  I do have bill of sale with VIN from the sales sheet, and my Clerk just needs notarized Affidavit for the transfer.  I’ll get the statement of origin from dealer as a backup.