Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this Hull worth anything ? 2007 247 LSV

adam911

Hey guys I purchased a parts boat from an auction and the hull was destroyed which was a perfect parts boat for me but I was wondering if I should sell it or cut it up and throw it away ? give me your input thanks

Some Parts will be available soon after I take off what I need 

Heres the pix of the boat

https://imgur.com/a/6onjHoE

The hull is probably to far gone but if you are patient I am sure you could make your money back parting out the boat. Windshieds, swim platform, trim pieces etc can be hard to find for a 12 year old boat.

My old waterski team lost their previous boat when they hit a stump barefooting and ripped the shaft clear out of the boat.  They cut off the transom and turned it into a bar.  (Wisconsin kids...) :biggrin:

I'd look to do something similar with that.  There's no fixing that hull.  How'd that thing get such a large amount of damage?

That's not too bad, actually. I'd cut the front off, add some resin and a sheet of plywood and poof, instant Wake Tractor....

As tubullard stated, those older parts are hard to come by. They don't make the windshields anymore, the trim pieces are valuable, etc. Perfect boat to add in with a "theft recovery" boat that needs all those parts.

Good luck with it.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, UWSkier said:

My old waterski team lost their previous boat when they hit a stump barefooting and ripped the shaft clear out of the boat.  They cut off the transom and turned it into a bar.  (Wisconsin kids...) :biggrin:

I'd look to do something similar with that.  There's no fixing that hull.  How'd that thing get such a large amount of damage?

Funny, that was my first thought.  Looks like you could make 2 bars out of it

• Like 1

lol thanks im keeping half the parts for my project boat and half parts will be available soon make a list  of what you need and send it over to save 30-50% :) and im not sure what happened in the accident but im thinking about cutting it up and throwing the body away after i take everything off

lots of parts on that thing to sell.  Someone on here was JUST looking for those rear stainless vent screens for a 23 LSV

16 hours ago, adam911 said:

lol its going to be painful cutting that boat into pieces :cry:

I'd say the easiest way to cut that hull in half is Laser beams, yep lasers!

frickin-laser-beams.jpg

22 hours ago, adam911 said:

lol its going to be painful cutting that boat into pieces :cry:

Both literally and figuratively. I hate cutting fiberglass. 

formulaben
On 5/3/2019 at 10:56 AM, oldjeep said:

I'd consider cutting the back foot or so off of it so that you could mount it to a wall and use the platform as a bar/table

Bottom of page:

https://www.freewebs.com/leftfieldengineering/customerprojects.htm

Also just google image search "boat bar" and you'll see plenty of ideas.

• Like 2