Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis a20 drone footage.

Finally got a chance to fly my spark from the boat on the river. Its tough, but i'll get the hang of it. Got some decent vid of the goofy wave also. 

• Like 2

Ryan,

I actually landed it on the engine hatches. Wife kept the boat pretty still and it was fairly easy. Now, it is a tiny drone so the bigger ones might be an issue. The only issue i have is when you fly the spark sideways it wants to tilt the camera. Kinda annoying. I might look to pick up a phantom 4 soon. 

3 hours ago, RyanB said:

I'm still not brave enough to fly my Mavic Pro from the boat.  I assume you caught it to land it?

We catch our mavic pro from our boat. Just practice on dry land... and don’t lose a finger!

7 minutes ago, BlindSquirrel said:

We catch our mavic pro from our boat. Just practice on dry land... and don’t lose a finger!

Yeah, I don' know what I'm more worried about.  Possibly losing a finger, possibly f-ing up the upholstery, or possibly having the drone go into the drink (with the added bonus of having my better half say something to the effect of "I told you so")........

• Like 3

If you let it hover then put an outstretched  hand about a foot below it. Hold down on the left toggle, it will land really easy in the palm of your hand. I used to just grab mine, then hold down...that’s a recipe for losing a finger or messing something up.