Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Interior

Slaney

@SlaneyThat looks awesome!  I have basically the same interior on my 2005 and I’d like to get it redone in the next year or two but I don’t know of any good places locally in upstate NY.

You just did the vinyl and not the carpet, right?  I’d be interested to know the cost as a point of reference if you don’t mind sharing.  You didn’t get skins from Chee did you? (I remember looking into reupholstering a while back and seeing than many people got skins from him.)

Thanks!

49 minutes ago, Ryan1776 said:

So yeah, it looks great...But man! There's an SR-71 in the background!!! 

That green IS awesome! :yes:

There was a boat?  Wow, a blackbird! So cool.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Slurpee said:

There was a boat?  Wow, a blackbird! So cool.

Might be my 2nd favorite plane ever. 
Not looking to hijack, but you should read "Skunk Works" by Ben Rich. Absolute page turner. 

Having an SR-71 in the background of a 'bu is ca-razy. Having the cockpit of your 'bu lining up with the cockpit of an SR-71 is priceless !!!!!!

Steve B.

17 minutes ago, Ryan1776 said:

Might be my 2nd favorite plane ever. 
Not looking to hijack, but you should read "Skunk Works" by Ben Rich. Absolute page turner. 

<Hijack on>

I've read it.  I agree.  I still dig talking to my dad.  He worked in that industry as a design engineer.  I still get floored by mic drops from him. Just yesterday I was trading texts about some fastening hardware.  He tells me he used to get recovered hardware (military aircraft grade stainless fasteners) from the factory store for a $1 a gallon.  Then just to rub it in he told me at one point my childhood boat had it's bunks covered with the leftover carpet from Air Force 1.  Sheesh.  That's just cool.

<Hijack off>

• Like 3

Gabe's shop is on Castle Air Force base that's decommissioned.  Right outside is a museum. 

Edited by Slaney
18 hours ago, Big_Moose_Wakesetter said:

@SlaneyThat looks awesome!  I have basically the same interior on my 2005 and I’d like to get it redone in the next year or two but I don’t know of any good places locally in upstate NY.

You just did the vinyl and not the carpet, right?  I’d be interested to know the cost as a point of reference if you don’t mind sharing.  You didn’t get skins from Chee did you? (I remember looking into reupholstering a while back and seeing than many people got skins from him.)

Thanks!

@Big_Moose_Wakesetter  Yes, just did Vinyl.  And Gabe's did all of it for just under 5K.  That was with new dash vinyl.  Sometimes they need to remove the window glass and that makes the price go up.  In my case they did not.  Guess it depends on the guy building it if they put a screw under the window or not.  I believe that Gabe's will ship skins.  I think I remember reading that on here somewhere.  

On 5/1/2019 at 5:19 PM, Slaney said:

@Big_Moose_Wakesetter  Yes, just did Vinyl.  And Gabe's did all of it for just under 5K.  That was with new dash vinyl.  Sometimes they need to remove the window glass and that makes the price go up.  In my case they did not.  Guess it depends on the guy building it if they put a screw under the window or not.  I believe that Gabe's will ship skins.  I think I remember reading that on here somewhere.  

Thanks a lot Slaney.  That’s great to know if they have a pattern already.  At some point I need to find a decent place nearby.  When I do I’m going to have to check out some of the newer material alternatives though.  I got a ride in a new Mastercraft last summer of the all black ‘cool touch.’  Thanks again!