Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Behind seat access to gunnel?

I started installing some phenderpro’s into my 2008 wakesetter 23 LSV... 

no issues near the drivers side as I could reach behind the gunnel :)

but further back on the starboard side ... even using the sticky retrofit pads and trying some super glue I dropped two nuts down inside

does anyone know how the seat backs are attached? Do they just pop out if I carefully insert a screwdriver or?

see attached image... if it’s not simple I may just try some 6 min epoxy to try and get the nut to stick...

you can see the steel looping sticking out the side where it temporarily holds the nit in place (before it dropped it :))

26CE732E-75A0-498E-B86C-ECE3F5FF9A26.jpeg

Bump as I am hoping someone knows the answer to how the cushions are attached?

Edited by Argonaut

I would think you should be able to get to that area from inside the rear locker. Taking those side panels off isn't too bad, but the seat back is rather a more tedious. All the cushions are held on using bolts from behind. I have always been able to reach up under the gunnels around there by laying on the seat, or being inside the rear locker.

@asnowman ok I do need to remove the side panels on the passenger side ... do those just pop off and then pop back in or how are they attached and does anyone have some photos to help?

They will have nuts on the inside of the gunnel with bolts epoxied to the upholstery backing piece that go through the fiberglass of the gunnel.  Reach under and up and you will feel them. I cant tell exactly what piece you are needing to remove, but most have a bolt ever 18 inches or so. Pray they aren't nylocks. Do not just pry on the seat back.

I just removed both side pieces on mine, but I did not take photos. Nut size on mine was 7/16 I believe.

Edited by chris4x4gill2

If that's the side combing pad, with the cupholder/ speaker cutout it has a trim piece at the bottom that has 3 large screws going into the seat support as well that has to be removed.