Jump to content

 

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

jayshonsykes

Desperately Need New Cover

Recommended Posts

jayshonsykes

Hey all,

I am looking for the best combination of a quality cover while also keeping the timeframe short.

I have a 2007 Malibu Wakesetter VTX with Illusion X tower and my cover was recently stolen. Luckily, nothing else was in the boat as I just picked it up from getting de-winterized.

Obviously, Evolution covers were my top priority, but as other posts have mentioned, Cory is backed up even from orders from last year. He recommended skiboatcovers, and I'm waiting to hear back.

Bakes is backed up seven weeks, and I probably can't go that long without a cover, so I am looking for something faster. My local shop where I purchased the boat is also backed up if I wanted to track down an original cover. 

I have looked at Bald Mike's but would like to get a Sunbrella cover. 

I have also exhaustively looked on craigslist for all different cities, as well as eBay. This cover on eBay is one of my best options, but it does not match up with the same tower. Does anyone know if that would be a huge problem? It looks very close to the cover that was just stolen. 

I figured I'd post here and see if there are any other options, or if anyone knows someone selling a cover for that model. I don't care about used or new.

Too bad Evolution is so backed up, because everything I have read points me to them as the best option by far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hethj7

Try dallas canvas.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cbftbl87
5 hours ago, jayshonsykes said:

Hey all,

I am looking for the best combination of a quality cover while also keeping the timeframe short.

I have a 2007 Malibu Wakesetter VTX with Illusion X tower and my cover was recently stolen. Luckily, nothing else was in the boat as I just picked it up from getting de-winterized.

Obviously, Evolution covers were my top priority, but as other posts have mentioned, Cory is backed up even from orders from last year. He recommended skiboatcovers, and I'm waiting to hear back.

Bakes is backed up seven weeks, and I probably can't go that long without a cover, so I am looking for something faster. My local shop where I purchased the boat is also backed up if I wanted to track down an original cover. 

I have looked at Bald Mike's but would like to get a Sunbrella cover. 

I have also exhaustively looked on craigslist for all different cities, as well as eBay. This cover on eBay is one of my best options, but it does not match up with the same tower. Does anyone know if that would be a huge problem? It looks very close to the cover that was just stolen. 

I figured I'd post here and see if there are any other options, or if anyone knows someone selling a cover for that model. I don't care about used or new.

Too bad Evolution is so backed up, because everything I have read points me to them as the best option by far. 

I have purchased two covers in the past from Bald Mikes.  Westland has a Sunbrella option;  if you select that on the bald mikes website and search by make/model of your boat you will see the options.   The lead time was around 10-14 days to my door.  

Honestly I would just go with the Westland Sharkskin Plus for half the price of the Sunbrella.  I have been more than happy with mine after 4 years.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyanB

Another vote for Bald Mike’s. I bought a sharkskin from him for my old Crownline. Both his service as well as the cover were great 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chaabo

Great Lakes Skipper has a oem VTX cover w/o tower cutouts. Maybe these could be added by a local shop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jayshonsykes
5 hours ago, Chaabo said:

Great Lakes Skipper has a oem VTX cover w/o tower cutouts. Maybe these could be added by a local shop?

The eBay listing above that I linked is actually from Great Lakes Skipper. The only problem is it's for a 2016 VTX with G3 tower. I think it will fit though? If not, I could try to have a local shop adjust it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jayshonsykes

Thanks guys for the help.

I will look more into Bald Mike's, specifically at the Sharkskin Plus for the price. Maybe use it for a summer or two and get in line for Evolution. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chaabo
1 hour ago, jayshonsykes said:

The eBay listing above that I linked is actually from Great Lakes Skipper. The only problem is it's for a 2016 VTX with G3 tower. I think it will fit though? If not, I could try to have a local shop adjust it. 

I didn’t check their eBay listings, did a quick search on their site.

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Malibu&cat=

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...