Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Interior + Tower Speakers static/chirp sound on Bluetooth

weekender

2 hours ago, justgary said:

More like they give up quickly, even when people offer to help.

More like they tire of having to be the ones to troubleshoot the issues on a six figure purchase, and this overall is a minor issue.   I wouldn't call the system "garbage" as others have, but it certainly is subpar for the sticker price.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2019 at 10:50 AM, hethj7 said:

More like they tire of having to be the ones to troubleshoot the issues on a six figure purchase, and this overall is a minor issue.   I wouldn't call the system "garbage" as others have, but it certainly is subpar for the sticker price.   

I guess I look at it differently than most people.  The boat is that expensive because of the sum of the parts and labor in it.  Malibu seems to try very hard to use the best components it can find, but sometimes things don't work out that way after the design gets onto the water.  I see all sorts of threads about bimini mounts, tower powder coat flakes, decorative applique corrosion, delaminating touch screens, upholstery water spots, throttle buttons, etc.  I read these threads and shake my head, sometimes at Malibu for using aluminum instead of stainless for some parts, and sometimes at the user for neglecting maintenance and then calling the part "junk" even though it was the best part you can find for the job.

So no, you don't have a $120k bluetooth stereo on a $10 boat.  You have a $120k boat with a $10 bluetooth unit.  Malibu cares, but no problem is as important to them as your problem is to you.  We can all sit and wait for someone to solve our problems for us, or we can take action and attempt to fix the problems.  If you are tired of troubleshooting, great.  Sit this one out.  If not, great.  Someone might eventually get it solved, but they also might forget to post the answer for you to see.  In the meantime, you'll look at newer models and judge them by whether the bluetooth chirps through the tower speakers instead of maybe some other technical things that might really matter to you. 

Issues to troubleshoot will never go away.  Some are old issues, some are new ones.  I think that's my fascination with this site in the first place.  I can't promise a fix on any given problem, but I'm willing to give you my time to think of potential causes and cures.  It's pretty clear that none of you really want to find the cause of this particular problem, you just want to complain that everything isn't perfect.

11 hours ago, Orangemxz said:

Still have the same issue on my 19 mxz but through the 4 rev 10s it's a loud whine all the time. What do u wanna bet the BT on the 200k M240 doesn't work either...

An unwanted noise isolated to one zone, would likely not be caused up steam, as it would be present in all the speakers. However, a large HLCD is WAY more efficient then a smaller coaxial, so any noise would be more easily heard. I would disable the tower speakers, then take a close listen to the in-boats by themselves. 

If its also heard from the in-boats, then its likely from the source unit. If it is only from the tower zone, then you would want to focus on the amp and its dedicated signal input.  

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to update on this additionally in case it helps anyone.

i remember using FM radio or the aux port with my iphone, and did not hear any chirp sound and audio was excellent.

Only the blue tooth for me was causing a chirp issue. Not sure if it was isolated to tower or in boat speakers.

I have not followed up on the issue since July, but have gotten the bluetooth to aux dongle piece and plan on using this going forward. 

• 1 month later...

I took my boat (22LSV ‘19) in for this same issue at the end of October and the dealer said that Malibu is aware of the issue and still did not have a fix. The dealer is suppose to call me, so I can bring the boat back in when Malibu has a resolution to the issue. 
has anyone else heard if Malibu has come up with a fix yet? 

14 hours ago, Boatguy37769 said:

I took my boat (22LSV ‘19) in for this same issue at the end of October and the dealer said that Malibu is aware of the issue and still did not have a fix. The dealer is suppose to call me, so I can bring the boat back in when Malibu has a resolution to the issue. 

They have.

16 hours ago, Boatguy37769 said:

Ive been told there is a software update to fix this.

My Boat is at dealers and has had the software update, they say it has solved the problem . Only down side is you cant name your bluetooth device as you now connect direct the the bluetooth head unit which is BT72636535  or similar . 

2 hours ago, LucasC said:

My Boat is at dealers and has had the software update, they say it has solved the problem . Only down side is you cant name your bluetooth device as you now connect direct the the bluetooth head unit which is BT72636535  or similar . 

Correct. Which is why if you dont have the noise issue dont use the software update. This version is ONLY for the boats that had the issue.

5 hours ago, IXFE said:

This is fantastic news. Is it safe to assume that 2020 boats won’t have this issue?

Correct.

There is a different, very sporadic issue with noise on only certain phones for 2020. This has been addressed in a software update as well.

20 hours ago, Orangemxz said:

That's great news. Anyone know what they are calling this update? This issue drove me crazy last year!

No official name since it is only for specific boats. If your dealer contacts their tech rep they can get the update for it.

• 4 months later...

to conclude on this, dealer said they will give me a viper update this week that was released months ago that addresses this chirping. 

hope it works