Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

how do I remove the bow seat backs in 99 susnsetter lx to re-upholster

azaerobatics

I am redoing the uphostery in my 99 Sunsetter LX (Wakesetter).  Everything has been pretty easy until now.  I put off recovering the seat backs in the bow as I can't figure out how to remove those.  How do I detach the seat back cushions in the bow?  There are three cushions. On the starborard side I can see two bolts under the dash and on th the port side I can see two bolts inside the storage area, one at the top of the cushion and the other at the bottom.  I had also reached behind the under-seat storage in the bow.  I found two bolts at the bottom of the small filler cushion at the very front of the bow.  I am assuming there are more bolts up toward the top of the seat backs but I have not been able to reach them.  How many bolts am I looking for?  Where are they?  What is the trick to removing and installing the seat backs in the bow?  Any tips are appreciated.

Look carefully under the dash and inside the storage compartment on passenger side, my LXI has 3-4. Some lag type and some bolts and nuts. Take the ones you can find off and then pull gently, where ever it is hung up, look for a bolt. You may find yourself in need of long skinny arms

Mine had a combination of easy to find bolts and a few hard to find and hard to reach screws in the corner areas to keep them tight against the fiberglass.  Those were a pain to get to...just keep reaching as far as you can and you'll find them.  Reach gently, as there is plenty of unfinished fiberglass shards about.