Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What Is This Part?

I have a 2001 Wakesetter VLX withe a monsoon Indmar engine. I was replacing the thermostat and noticed the temp sensors were leaking. The larger one, part number 2 for the gauge, came out fine. The smaller one, part number one, a temp alarm switch, broke off. I suspect that was why it was leaking.

I can't find the part number or make of the little temp switch. I think is used to be a teleflex 35423-49? But that part seems to no longer exist.

Help!! I found a pic of where this thing is located on another forum. It is number one. Thanks for whoever made this pic. Its very helpful!

2a4zles.jpg

Edited by redneck
Added Pic
3 hours ago, redneck said:

The smaller one, part number one, a temp alarm switch, broke off.

Is it completely gone?  If you still have some of the old part I would just take it to an auto parts store and get a direct replacement.

Thanks for the suggestion. Mine broke in half when I tried to unscrew it. Part of it is still in the manifold. I will have to use an "easy out" to remove it.

My understanding is the automotive versions of these are set for 210 to 240 F, not 200 F? The boat cooling system is pure water, no antifreeze to raise the boiling point, so it must use one that is lower temp or risk boiling before alarming.

I did find some of the old Chrysler sensors that look the same, but I can't seem to get any specs on them for trigger temp. Mercury Marine also has one that looks the same, but it seems to be 240F.

I went to my local Malibu Dealer, and a Mooba Dealer and a Mastercraft Dealer and West Marine ( Live near a lake) and none of them knew what this thing is. Even Indmar does not show it on their dealer website when looking up my motor by serial number.

The Malibu Parts guy was going to try and contact Indmar and Malibu directly on Monday to see if they could shed some light.

BTW... Like your avatar. I live near Road Atlanta. Walter Mitty going on over there this weekend. Cheers!

Thanks MadMan,  but iboats has the specs on that part incorrectly listed. Sierra web site lists it as "TS25101Temperature switch (3/8″ – 18)"

So it is 3/8, not 1/8. :cry:

MadMan, I just realized I missed part of what you are suggesting....

I have considered using the plugged port in the pic. That is where I am going if I can't figure out the original part.

OK. My Malibu dealer got Indmar to tell him the actual part number. 64-5002. However, it is discontinued. I suspected that.

NAPA crosses it to something totally different. I guess I will be using the universal route.