Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Speakers for Titan Cans

pawter1970

I found this with a quick search   Perhaps you can cross reference those RF speakers to see what else may fit.   I think there were some 6x9 Wetsounds offering that fit as well if you are wanting to save the cans   If that isn’t the ultimate goal, knowing what your goal and budget is may help steer you towards some other options.   

Honestly, one of the best sounding systems I had was a “budget” build Earmark shipped me parts for, including some 8” tower speakers that aren’t even made anymore   I can’t even remember the brand but they certainly weren’t huh end.    

I found this either a 

I just finished installing Wetsound REV696 in my titan 6X9 cans.  WOW...they sound great!   I can't wait to get it on the water.  I have mine powered by a WS HT-4 Bridged.  By the way....direct fit and install in 15 minutes.

BTW....I just pulled out MB Quart Z-line 6x9s that are only 1 season old that I will sell.

https://mbquart.com/zk1-169/

Edited by goodmatt78

Thank you for responses guys, I am not really on a budget, to be honest I never have the music loud, so figured I don't need to go top grade, but someone previously suggested to go regular 6x9

Goodmatt78, do you have 4 of them and how much would you want? Please message me and we'll chat.

Thank you Crew

18 hours ago, goodmatt78 said:

I just finished installing Wetsound REV696 in my titan 6X9 cans.  WOW...they sound great!   I can't wait to get it on the water.  I have mine powered by a WS HT-4 Bridged.  By the way....direct fit and install in 15 minutes.

BTW....I just pulled out MB Quart Z-line 6x9s that are only 1 season old that I will sell.

The wet sounds I’ve found seem to be in a box or something called direct mount.

where did you find loose 6x9?

8 minutes ago, vanstone22 said:

The wet sounds I’ve found seem to be in a box or something called direct mount.

where did you find loose 6x9?

I bought mine from this same vendor....but this is a really good deal!  Look for the REV696RS.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wet-Sounds-Refurbished-Revolution-Series-6-x-9-inch-EFG-Pro-Axial-Speakers/153421643073?hash=item23b8a47d41:g:0e4AAOSwA05ckQ85:sc:ShippingMethodExpress!44709!US!-1

On 4/29/2019 at 3:14 PM, pawter1970 said:

t, to be honest I never have the music loud, so figured I don't need to go top grade,

A cheap speaker can be built with the same power handling as a premium speaker, so it has the ability to play just as loud. Two things you can get with a higher price point. 1) better build quality and 2) better sound quality. 

I would suggest a marine built 6x9 over a car audio. A tower speaker can get a lot of direct sunlight and some occasional water. 

• 5 months later...
On 4/29/2019 at 11:33 AM, goodmatt78 said:

You got any photos?