Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ronix Wakesurf Bimini Bag...anyone use one?

Nitrousbird

I missed out on snagging a used Liquid Force Wakesurf 4 Bimini Carrier:

https://www.wakemakers.com/liquid-force-wake-surf-bimini-top-carrier.html

It appears LF made them for a year and they stopped.  No one seems to have any left in stock.

Now it appears Ronix makes a similar product:

https://www.bakesonline.com/ronix-bimini-top-board-bag-4pc-surf-board-rack-heather-grey-orange.html

Anyone use one?  It is more expensive than the LF bag ($200 vs $130).  I currently store my Soulcraft Emily in my Chaos transport bag on top of my Bimini using a cargo net, which works great.  I just scored a used Soulcraft Fang and will now need to store two boards up top, so something like this makes a lot of sense.  

These things are awesome! They are well built, and easily fit 4 boards and fins. And you can just take it off the bimini and toss all the boards, in the bag, in the back of the truck when you're done for the day. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions, I'd love to help you out

I have made one of these in 2011 out of a inland surfer board bag, and have been using it since. It works great! Had 4 velcro straps sewn to it. Keeps your boards out of the sun and off the seats. Mine Velcro’s to the tower under the Bimini.

Edited by surfdude

That looks cool, but it won't work on my Bimini or tower.  Anyone know a surf bag like this that will fit on a Titan 3 tower.  I'm tired of my boards bouncing around in the board racks.

Should work, just move the position of the loops for the Velcro straps. Just ordered another bag to build another one. The House has the inland bag on sale for 55$

I ended up ordering the Ronix bag from Bakes.  $180 shipped after using a 10% off code.

More than I wanted to spend, but it's the only real option around, so it is what it is.  

• 4 weeks later...

I don’t know why LF stopped making theirs. We picked one up at our local board shop last year after online were all sold out. We love it!! I have slalom ski’d at 34mph with 5 boards on top of our tower in the bag no problems. I can put all our boards in a locked vehicle when we stop somewhere with boat in tow. 

I hope the Ronix  is similar and works well for you. I did add a couple of buckle straps to mine as 4 didn’t seem as secure to the bimini as I wanted. 6 is just right. 2 on the front, 2 on the left, 2 on the right. 

Edited by Lovethetri
Typos
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2019 at 10:39 AM, Lovethetri said:

I don’t know why LF stopped making theirs. We picked one up at our local board shop last year after online were all sold out. We love it!! I have slalom ski’d at 34mph with 5 boards on top of our tower in the bag no problems. I can put all our boards in a locked vehicle when we stop somewhere with boat in tow. 

I hope the Ronix  is similar and works well for you. I did add a couple of buckle straps to mine as 4 didn’t seem as secure to the bimini as I wanted. 6 is just right. 2 on the front, 2 on the left, 2 on the right. 

It is working out so far.  The Ronix bag has 6 buckles.  It has taken a little time to sort out exactly how to secure it to the tower to keep the front from coming up at speed, but I've got that figured out now.  It is a very nice bag for sure and great for storing boards up top.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2019 at 7:17 PM, Nitrousbird said:

I ended up ordering the Ronix bag from Bakes.  $180 shipped after using a 10% off code.

More than I wanted to spend, but it's the only real option around, so it is what it is.  

How did it work out? You fix the straps to the frame of the bimini? Since we do a lot (and I mean a LOT) of wake boarding as well the 20 mph is a concern. But hen agin, the 2 mph difference should be nothing.. I hope. 

I have to order through  USA, because in Europe these things are hard to come by. 

11 hours ago, wakefrankNL said:

How did it work out? You fix the straps to the frame of the bimini? Since we do a lot (and I mean a LOT) of wake boarding as well the 20 mph is a concern. But hen agin, the 2 mph difference should be nothing.. I hope. 

I have to order through  USA, because in Europe these things are hard to come by. 

Working fine.  There are 6 straps - 4 of mine end up going around the tower and the front 2 around the Bimini.  It is tower and Bimini dependent.

I have went into the low 30 MPH range with it.  

11 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

Working fine.  There are 6 straps - 4 of mine end up going around the tower and the front 2 around the Bimini.  It is tower and Bimini dependent.

Thanks! I will post Picture of Tower with open bimini tomorrow. 

6 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

Someone is selling a Ronix bag on FB Malibu page or Wakesurf  page fir 150 plus 25 to ship as of today, won’t last long 

That's a crappy deal since I bought mine brand new shipped from Bakes for $180.

On 6/18/2019 at 10:19 PM, Nitrousbird said:

Here iT is..

159235C6-1442-43A7-81FA-CF733A3EF021.jpeg

F2F40DB5-5B80-4D77-AE8C-E9211FAA5588.jpeg

9563E8F4-D529-4F50-B12E-6C5D74701ACC.jpeg

• 9 months later...

Ronix 4-Board Bimini Board Bag  - Just found this today on Bakesmarine.com.  Use the SPRING discount code for 10% off.  Only $179 total after discount.

Just hit me up with you want a Ronix bimini bag. Those things are awesome. I haven't found a boat bimini it doesn't fit on. Fits huge boards just fine. Easy to unload off the bimini, fold, and toss in the truck when you're done

I'm considering selling mine and having pockets sewn into my bimini.  It is just too big.  Makes it a pain to attach and really hard if carrying up flights of stairs.  I stopped using it for all but specific trips last year, resorting back to my old setup of a cargo net on the bimini and just one board up top.  I'll likely hang on to it until I get something actually sewn in, just in case I do need it for something.

1 hour ago, Nitrousbird said:

I'm considering selling mine and having pockets sewn into my bimini.  It is just too big.  Makes it a pain to attach and really hard if carrying up flights of stairs.  I stopped using it for all but specific trips last year, resorting back to my old setup of a cargo net on the bimini and just one board up top.  I'll likely hang on to it until I get something actually sewn in, just in case I do need it for something.

The "it is too big" comment seems to be consistent across all the reviews I have seen which has kept me from puling the trigger.

• 3 months later...

How about permanently mounting it to the top of the Bimini?  My boat sits on a lift in a covered dock so we just transport the board to a storage locker on the dock or up to the cabin. Taking the bag off could be a hassle but if I just left it attached it may solve some of my board storage  issues. 

4 hours ago, blk93jeepzj said:

How about permanently mounting it to the top of the Bimini?  My boat sits on a lift in a covered dock so we just transport the board to a storage locker on the dock or up to the cabin. Taking the bag off could be a hassle but if I just left it attached it may solve some of my board storage  issues. 

I own one and use it for transporting boards.  I have attached it to the bimini and it works great.  I usually just use my racks and leave it in the truck now, but love it for transport.  I trailer each time, so apples to oranges.  You should have no problem leaving it mounted.  Will likely work great for your application.

Edited by bovhica