Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

oil capacity

anyone know how many quarts required for the 2016 T22 with 409?  I drained it and only 3.25 qts came out...i can't put the oil extractor hose in any further.

I can't find any specifications anywhere.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by cloud9

Hook the extractor hose up to the drain tube rather than putting it in the top.  Each year someone snaps one off and then you have a bigger issue if going in the fill tube. 

• Like 2

i agree - don't use the dipstick hole - does yours have the drain hose ?   depending on what filter you run that holds about a 1/2 quart 

my LS1 engine take 6 quarts - i believe your engine is very similar.

hmmm - that manual is stating start at 4 quarts and then add until full - i was thinking you engine was an indmar 409 - they must have a different capacity.   

yes it is an indmar 409.  I filled it and and drained it again.  A little more than  4 qts came out.

maybe my inlet hose on extractor pump isn't reaching far enough but it pumped out all 4 then air bubbles.

ahopkins22LSV
2 minutes ago, cloud9 said:

yes it is an indmar 409.  I filled it and and drained it again.  A little more than  4 qts came out.

maybe my inlet hose on extractor pump isn't reaching far enough but it pumped out all 4 then air bubbles.

Are you sure? My memory could be wrong but I am pretty sure in 2016 Axis switched from Indmar to the Crusader Challenger line up and has been using it since. Does it look like this?

4E7F9E3B-686B-460B-939C-DD0BDBC832ED.thumb.jpeg.89bf92e59211cb3e8654797cea381ce0.jpeg

Or this?

FDDFCBA6-9270-4D11-9E93-6D3DB403FE07.thumb.jpeg.48103f44966ed3205a2d45026e681aad.jpeg

I know those look very similar because Malibu owns the monsoon model name so that is on all of their engines, even the Ford 6.2l Raptors. Easiest difference to spot is the exhaust manifolds. Crusader engines will say “catanium” and Indmar will say “extcat”.

Both Crusader and Indmar use the same 6.0l GM block so the engine is very similar but there are differences so it is important to know which you have. 

It would make sense if it was a Crusader.   For some reason PCM engines and I'm assuming Crusader engines use tiny little oil pans and use a quart to a quart and a half less oil than their competitors

it has to be a crusader!  it has the catanium stamp.  looking through the crusader manual,  it says 4 quarts.

I've talked to 2 dealers and they've said 5 to 6 and the other dealer said 7 to 8.  I think they were just the showroom salesman though..but they basically called me dumb if I only got 4 out.

But ahopkins, I think you're on to something.  

so my question is when my inlet hose starts pumping out 4 quarts and stops, could the hose be short? or once in reaches the pan, all the oil should be extracted, right?

2 minutes ago, Brad B said:

Which oil extractors have the fitting that connects to the oil drain hose on the oil pan?

gotta make it. Super easy though.