Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Yellow Stain on vinyl- Looking for super cleaner!

Hey guys. 
I'm working on my Supra to sell. Had the hull all buffed out. Started on the interior. 
There is some yellow "stuff" on one of my seats that just will not come out. 
Anyone have a "magic" vinyl cleaner? 

The seats were completely redone a few years ago so I'm bummed about this. It was under cover and I have no idea what it is. 
Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. 
I don't want to go though 15 cleaners. 

Ryan

Many times, if you hit it with something like Vinyl sauce, then let it sit in strong, direct sunlight for a day or two, it disappears.  Otherwise, you may have to play the vinyl cleaner game, depending on what the stain is.  Some cleaners work better than others with different kinds of stains.

Might help to add a picture or two of the stains.

Edited by JeffK
1 hour ago, JeffK said:

Many times, if you hit it with something like Vinyl sauce, then let it sit in strong, direct sunlight for a day or two, it disappears.  Otherwise, you may have to play the vinyl cleaner game, depending on what the stain is.  Some cleaners work better than others with different kinds of stains.

+1 on direct sunlight before any other attempted cures.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, JeffK said:

Can't post... :lame: Almost looks like clean oil had dried on it. But I don't think that is it. 

2 hours ago, MadMan said:

Be careful with aggressive cleaners, they can weaken the stitching in your upholstery.

It's no where near seams. It's right in the middle of a panel. Which is good. But good point. 

54 minutes ago, tvano said:

+1 on direct sunlight before any other attempted cures.

I'd be VERY surprised if sunlight helped this. It's not like the transfer from the covers most of us experience.  (Unless it's mold of sorts that's starting...)
It's like something leaked on it. But I can't for the life of me think of what it could have been. 

Edited by Ryan1776
12 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

Magic Eraser 

Only use this as a last ditch resort. It will rub through the UV protective layer on the cushion. Depending on how hard you go it can go even deeper into the vinyl layer itself.

Tried the magic eraser on the back side where there is some of this "stuff",  didn't touch it.  Granted I didn't rub on it for 10min. Maybe a few swipes to see if it even tired to come off. 

Edited by Ryan1776

I have some slight yellowing in areas on my sundeck. It's almost as if it's coming from the underside of the skin. I've used vinyl sauce and sunlight with no success. They the original skins?